'Royal' babies

Has anyone utilised the Royal babies facilities for 6 month to 3 years old? Our daughter will be one when we cruise and I've read that for a fee ($6 an hour I think) they can go in at nighttime for a few hours and even in the day I think.

Interested to know anyone's actually experience of this service. My two older ones used the kids clubs all the time but they were over 3.

Has anyone utilised the Royal babies facilities for 6 month to 3 years old? Our daughter will be one when we cruise and I've read that for a fee ($6 an hour I think) they can go in at nighttime for a few hours and even in the day I think.

Interested to know anyone's actually experience of this service. My two older ones used the kids clubs all the time but they were over 3.

We've used it twice when sailing with our extended family that included grandsons that were at the time under 3.

Amazing staff and facilities....It was $6.00 per hour before 5:00pm and $8.00 per hour after.

Our son was 2 when we used. I was hesitant at first but thought we would try before hiring an in room sitter. The ladies were amazing!! We were on Oasis.

We brought a maclaren stroller with. We would wheel him up around 7pm after he ate. They would play with him, offer him a snack, change him into his pj's and then put him to bed. We would pick him up, roll him to the room and transfer him to the pack n play. We used this nearly every night and once during the day. Highly recommend!!!

Used it on Allure with my 7 month old and it was fantastic and well worth the price.

Couple of suggestions though.

They can book up, so when you get on the ship make that your first stop.

Also they have a toy lending program where you can get a bag of toys for your little one. Allure had like 10 bags, so again get to he nursery early if you'd like to use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 11 months later...

Hello! We're sailing in July on Symphony with a 1.5 year old. Does anyone remember the hours for the nursery, specifically how late does it stay open? For late late nights (i.e., past our son's 8:30 pm bed time) do we use an in-room sitter instead?

TIA

Hello! We're sailing in July on Symphony with a 1.5 year old. Does anyone remember the hours for the nursery, specifically how late does it stay open? For late late nights (i.e., past our son's 8:30 pm bed time) do we use an in-room sitter instead?

TIA

The nursery has closed at midnight on every ship we have used it on. (which is quite a few)

We've used it twice when sailing with our extended family that included grandsons that were at the time under 3.

Amazing staff and facilities....It was $6.00 per hour before 5:00pm and $8.00 per hour after.

Same experience for us. Staff is great.

We were very happy with the nursery on Oasis. We left our 1 year old daughter there day and night and she was happy. There’s also an awesome romper room where you can take your little one to bounce around and play.

I took my 15 month old this past June to the free play time, we were the only ones there during these times, which was fine with me. We also took advantage of the toy lending, saved me from having to pack so many toys for her.. we will be taking advantage of it again this coming August on our B2B on the Anthem.

We used the Royal Babies/Tots on Harmony and it's "ok." For my 3 year old it was just too small. He wasn't fully potty trained yet so they wouldn't allow him into the 3+ group. It's not a camp and they don't do fun projects or anything. Just babysitting that you pay for which is totally fine for under 2 years old. When your child is 2, I HIGHLY suggest booking with Carnival instead of Royal. Carnival has actual CAMP for 2 - 5 year olds and they will change diapers as well, plus it's complimentary and longer opening hours, too. Lots of activities and fun stuff.

Our experience hasn’t been so great. If they cry at drop off they don’t really go out of their way to settle them down. We have always gotten a call within 10 minutes to come pick them up. Disney was better with trying to settle them down.

• 2 months later...

Reviving a bit of an old thread here, but it seems like Royal Caribbean's policies have changed. Their website now seems to indicate that the Royal Babies and Tots nursery program and in-room babysitting services are for children 1-year old and up. The only activities for 6-12 month olds are a few scheduled playtimes where a parent must be present.

Has anyone heard about this change? Cruise Critic's Royal Babies and Tots article still references the old policy where children 6-36mo are accepted at daycare.

Source of the new 1-year age limit is on this page:

NURSERY SERVICES &

SITTERS AT SEA

The Babies and Tots Nursery offers parents a drop-off option in the daytime and evening, where their children can be left in the trusting care of trained professionals. Various playgrounds have been created by Crayola® for our young cruisers. For a nominal fee, Sitters at Sea offers babysitting services, both in a group setting, and individually in parents' stateroom. Children must be at least 1 year old.

Really bummed about this as my husband and I were wanting to take a cruise when our baby is 10.5mos and take advantage of this nursery program.

A customer service rep also confirmed the 1-year age limit for daycare over the phone.

Reviving a bit of an old thread here, but it seems like Royal Caribbean's policies have changed. Their website now seems to indicate that the Royal Babies and Tots nursery program and in-room babysitting services are for children 1-year old and up. The only activities for 6-12 month olds are a few scheduled playtimes where a parent must be present.

Has anyone heard about this change? Cruise Critic's Royal Babies and Tots article still references the old policy where children 6-36mo are accepted at daycare.

Really bummed about this as my husband and I were wanting to take a cruise when our baby is 10.5mos and take advantage of this nursery program.

A customer service rep also confirmed the 1-year age limit for daycare over the phone.

It may depend on the ship. Not all ships have the same facilities.

But in-room babysitting always started at 1, I think.

You are confusing the two programs/options....The age you reference is only for "in-cabin" babysitting. The ages for the Nursery have not changed 6-36 months...on those ships that have the RB&T Nursery.

TIA

The RB&T Nursery is open late nights until 2:00am... however from 10:00pm until that time you will pay additional $'s per hour amount per child.

You are confusing the two programs/options....The age you reference is only for "in-cabin" babysitting. The ages for the Nursery have not changed 6-36 months...on those ships that have the RB&T Nursery.

Oh, really? Maybe I need to call back tomorrow and clarify to the rep that I’m specifically asking about Royal Babies and Tots nursery daycare for a 10.5 month old and NOT in-room babysitting. The rep I talked to today was under the impression that the nursery now has the same 12mo+ age limitation as in-room babysitting. I know past cruisers on the Allure/Oasis (the two ships we’re debating between) have said that they used daycare services for a <1year old in the past, so either the rep was confused or their policy recently changed.

The RCCL website used to explicitly state that children ages 6-36mos were welcome for daycare in the nursery, but now they seem to have removed all mentions of childcare for those under 1year, so that’s why I want to be 100% sure the service will be available before we drop $$$ on a 7-day cruise.

Oh, really? Maybe I need to call back tomorrow and clarify to the rep that I’m specifically asking about Royal Babies and Tots nursery daycare for a 10.5 month old and NOT in-room babysitting. The rep I talked to today was under the impression that the nursery now has the same 12mo+ age limitation as in-room babysitting. I know past cruisers on the Allure/Oasis (the two ships we’re debating between) have said that they used daycare services for a <1year old in the past, so either the rep was confused or their policy recently changed.

The RCCL website used to explicitly state that children ages 6-36mos were welcome for daycare in the nursery, but now they seem to have removed all mentions of childcare for those under 1year, so that’s why I want to be 100% sure the service will be available before we drop $$$ on a 7-day cruise.

Honestly, your best bet for finding out the accurate information you seek is from recent Allure and Oasis cruisers. You can ask on Roll Call threads. or look for recent review threads.