Great Cruise on the Liberty 7/8 - 7/15!!!

We just got back from our Liberty Cruise yesterday. Not really happy about being at work today, so I thought I would reminisce a little!! I did tons of research on this website before leaving, so wanted to share a few thoughts. This was our first cruise with RCI and we completely enjoyed our cruise. We had previously cruised with Disney. We had a party of 9, including 5 adults, and 4 kids ranging from 13-18. We booked our transportation through RCI for both before and after the cruise. Both ran very smoothly, and had no problems at all. I had read a lot of posts prior to our cruise about disembarking nightmares, so I was a little scared, but had no issues at all and it was a very quick process. The staff on board was wonderful, and helpful when I had questions. The food was great, and I ate entirely too much!!! :-) We all enjoyed the shows and entertainment and thought there was a good variety. Was not impressed with the older kids program, and our kids rarely if ever went to the "living room". They had activities for the kids to do, but their area was small, and when they did go, they said that it was too crowded to enjoy. They did however enjoy the shows, the arcade, poolside movies, karaoke, and Sorento's Pizza. They spent some time playing cards in the card room also. Our stateroom was great, but the drop down bed for my 13 year old was not ideal. He is tall for his age, so it was a little too small for him. Would be better for younger children. Not complaining, but I will know next time to find a room with a different setup. The pools were very crowded, as expected. We were never able to find chairs, but just sat our bags in a corner and made due. It definitely didn't keep us from enjoying a few hours at the pool. Dinners in the Main Dining Room were wonderful! Our Waiters were awesome and the food was great! We are not super formal people... and never felt uncomfortable in what we wore. Had a blast on all of our excursions, and had no problems getting on and off the ship. Our first experience with RCI was great, and we would definitely book with them again.

Interested to hear your thoughts. We are on Liberty in mid August, not my preferred time but daughter and grandson are coming along and this was the only available week with her work schedule. We have sailed on RCCL for over 20 years and have not changed because we have always found them to be great. Of course every vacation can have a hitch or two but I think that some people start out looking for something to complain about and if that is the approach, you will always find it. Must have been fun with such a big group. What was your port experience like? That first day back to work can be a real bummer, but we always said, we work to play and sounds like you lived up to that. Look forward to hearing more.

Thanks for your quick review!! Good to hear!! May I ask what excursions you went on and whom you booked through? We're on Liberty in September and I believe I have our plans set for that cruise but would like to hear about your experience. I believe you went to the same ports - Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Falmouth.

We booked all of our excursion through Royal. We did the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel. It was fun, but I don't think I would do that one again. I would love to try Mr. Sanchos next time. In Grand Cayman we did the Turtle Encounter. Loved the turtles!! My Son loves turtles, so this one was a big hit! In Jamaica, part of our group did Dunns River Falls and Bamboo Beach, and the other part went tubing and did the Blue Hole. Everyone loved the excursions in Jamaica!!