Southampton to Cherbourg//Le Harve Cruise

izzywalker

Have done a similar excursion with a different cruise line.From Cherbourg I visited Utah beach. The drive by bus is approx 50 minutes to the Utah Beach Museum which is situated right at the beach.On arrival at the Museum , we were introduced to one of the museum guides who took us down onto the beach and explained the history and show the group photos relating to the D Day invasion on the beach.We then head to the monument at the top of the beach where the guide gave more history before heading back to the museum where we received a quick tour of the lower level of the museum(the museum is on two levels).We then had about 40 minutes free time to wander around the museum before meeting at the cinema where we viewed a film relating to the beach landings( film lasts about 20 minutes) before heading back to the bus

From Le Harve, I visited Omaha Beach.Drive to pointe du hoc is approx 2 hours.We had 45 minutes free time here before heading to the cemetry at Colleville.for 45 minutes. Then onto Arromanche and then Pegasus bridge before heading back to the ship.

If you are interested in WW2 history you will enjoy the tours.The only problem is that you can not see everything in such a short period but what you do see is very good.If you require any more info let me know.

Have done a similar excursion with a different cruise line.From Cherbourg I visited Utah beach. The drive by bus is approx 50 minutes to the Utah Beach Museum which is situated right at the beach.On arrival at the Museum , we were introduced to one of the museum guides who took us down onto the beach and explained the history and show the group photos relating to the D Day invasion on the beach.We then head to the monument at the top of the beach where the guide gave more history before heading back to the museum where we received a quick tour of the lower level of the museum(the museum is on two levels).We then had about 40 minutes free time to wander around the museum before meeting at the cinema where we viewed a film relating to the beach landings( film lasts about 20 minutes) before heading back to the bus

From Le Harve, I visited Omaha Beach.Drive to pointe du hoc is approx 2 hours.We had 45 minutes free time here before heading to the cemetry at Colleville.for 45 minutes. Then onto Arromanche and then Pegasus bridge before heading back to the ship.

If you are interested in WW2 history you will enjoy the tours.The only problem is that you can not see everything in such a short period but what you do see is very good.If you require any more info let me know.

Thanks for the interesting information.

Has anyone been on a P&O 3 night cruise to Cherbourg and Le Harve and done the D Day Landing Beaches excursions?

Any info/tips would be most welcome.

We did a similar cruise and took the train from Cherbourg to Bayeux where we saw the Bayeux Tapestry, a walk round town and a very emotional visit to the highly emotional Commonwealth War Cemetery. I would highly recommend doing this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a similar cruise and took the train from Cherbourg to Bayeux where we saw the Bayeux Tapestry, a walk round town and a very emotional visit to the highly emotional Commonwealth War Cemetery. I would highly recommend doing this.

Sorry repeated emotional! Maybe I should proof read better [emoji23][emoji23]