Pride out of Baltimore

othcruzer

If the reviews are correct this must be the worst ship in Carnivals fleet.

Not sure which reviews you are reading....:confused: The Pride is a Spirit class of ship that is probably the most popular in the fleet. Are you referring to ports of call?

Not sure which reviews you are reading....:confused: The Pride is a Spirit class of ship that is probably the most popular in the fleet. Are you referring to ports of call?

Just a bit of sarcasm. We were on the Legend in August great ship and a great cruise. This cruise I think will be the same. Some complaints are of the passengers.

we went in august of this year, depending on what you are expecting then you may be an idiot.... just kidding. we had a good cruise food was good.... ship was beautiful... we didnt have alot of fun, piano bar was bad, no band in the bars, disco was aweful. shows were good comedy was good. singing with the show band was a cool change from karaoke. if you live in the northeast, leaving from baltimore is perfect.... we live in philly and the hour and a half drive was smooth. overall not the best cruise ever, but it definitely was better than no cruise at all.

I posted this same concern on another thread about a week ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1316980&highlight=

I was assured by everyone that it will be a good trip. I think you have to take the reviews as they are. Some people just are complainers and nothing will make them happy.

Hope neither of us our disappointed!! I figure, any cruise is better than being at work or out in the cold in upstate NY:eek:

My wife and I cruised on the Pride last year the day after the big East Coast snow storm. We almost didn’t make it to Baltimore but we did and had one of the very best cruises of the 9 we have been on. This year we fly down Feb. 6th to San Juan and cruise on the Victory.

We are leaving on Sunday on the Pride and I hear your concern.

Just remember anyone can use a keyboard and you will get all kinds.

Reading a recent review - I think it went up within the last 24 hours it reads as if a competitor from NCL wrote it - it even goes as far as mentioning their website.

It is our first cruise and I am going in with the attitude that it will be what we make it.

What I found works for me as far as "should I listen to the reviews" is to read reviews of ships I've been on. This goes for land too regarding destinations. You'll be happy to find that some people just aren't happy with anything. Personally, I thought the Pride was wonderful and I've never been able to agree with a bad review I've read. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she's perfect...but for the price and the fun we had, she's certainly good enough.:D

Looking to book a Bermuda cruise on her for next November.

What I found works for me as far as "should I listen to the reviews" is to read reviews of ships I've been on.
I've done that as well - specifically, reviews from people who were on the exact same cruise. There are times when I've come away saying, "Were you on the same cruise as me?" I enjoyed sailing on Pride. It's not my favorite ship (I'm a Conquest-class fan) and we sailed a different itinerary at a different time of the year, but we liked sailing out of Baltimore. And as for the reviewers complaining about the passengers - it's your general cross-section of Mid-Atlantic middle-class people.

I've done that as well - specifically, reviews from people who were on the exact same cruise. There are times when I've come away saying, "Were you on the same cruise as me?" I enjoyed sailing on Pride. It's not my favorite ship (I'm a Conquest-class fan) and we sailed a different itinerary at a different time of the year, but we liked sailing out of Baltimore. And as for the reviewers complaining about the passengers - it's your general cross-section of Mid-Atlantic middle-class people.

I did prefer the Victory to the Pride though...what do you think?

We are leaving on Sunday on the Pride and I hear your concern.

It is our first cruise and I am going in with the attitude that it will be what we make it.

That's the attitude to take and have a great cruise. We will be sailing on the Pride for the second time this coming January, we love the Spirit class ships.

Host Mach posted the following earlier this year to a 1st time cruiser. I printed it out and have it posted on my bulletin board.

Don't be afraid to try something... anything new... new foods... new activities... meet new friends.

Don't be afraid to dance like no one is watching... laugh big... talk to strangers. Remember, the idea is to give up the everyday and reach back into your childhood.

Gaze at the sea like a lover. Glory in the night sky.

Have a brilliant cruise...

“HOST MACH 03-03-2010”

I did prefer the Victory to the Pride though...what do you think?
I have a soft spot for Victory - she was our first cruise in 2004 and we sailed her four times in all. My only complaint about Victory is the buffet lines. The Conquest-class ships have two additional lines, and I think Pride had better buffet lines as well. However, Victory (as do the Conquest-class ships) has extra buffet seating on Deck 10. I've never had a problem finding buffet seating on these ships. On Spirit-class ships, on the other hand, I've had to fight for seats on the Lido deck or just give up and bring my food back to the cabin. That's what we ended up doing on Pride in July when we were in Freeport.

We have a cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore booked for February. If all the reviews from this website are correct I must be an idiot to go on this cruise. Any thoughts!!!

While I think it is kind of crazy to cruise out of Baltimore in February, I would not say that you are an idiot for choosing this cruise. You are from PA, as I am, so you have the benefit of sailing from a port close to home. The pride is an older ship, but a beautiful one.

I have been on two cruises on the Pride, and have my third scheduled for May. I love this ship, and I love the convenience of sailing from a port within driving distance. If I were to choose a cruise in February though, I would fly to Florida. I don't want to pay for a cruise where it is too cold to be on the balcony for 2 or 3 days of a 7 day cruise.

We have a cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore booked for February. If all the reviews from this website are correct I must be an idiot to go on this cruise. Any thoughts!!!

The majority of the negative complaints I have read were when the ship was sailing out of San Juan and the issue was mainly with the rude passengers on board.

The Pride was the first Carnival ship that I sailed on and it was THE BEST.

While I think it is kind of crazy to cruise out of Baltimore in February, I would not say that you are an idiot for choosing this cruise. You are from PA, as I am, so you have the benefit of sailing from a port close to home. The pride is an older ship, but a beautiful one.

I have been on two cruises on the Pride, and have my third scheduled for May. I love this ship, and I love the convenience of sailing from a port within driving distance. If I were to choose a cruise in February though, I would fly to Florida. I don't want to pay for a cruise where it is too cold to be on the balcony for 2 or 3 days of a 7 day cruise.

Being able to drive to the port was the reason we tried the Pride as well :)

We're going in January ourselves.

2nd time on Pride, first one was Oct as I recall.....both out of Baltimore.

Yes, in a way it is nutty to go out of Baltimore in the winter. BUT, it was a wild last-minute decision based on recently approved vacation schedule for 2011. The price was BETTER than good....Carnival hates to leave 1/2 empty, so in THIS case, waiting until less than 90-day period was to our advantage.

Add to that, no high-priced PITA airfares from NJ to Florida. We are 2 hours, 15 minutes from the port. Alot less pressure driving each way. And just more FUN ! Hate airport environments.

Cruising to us is purest form of ESCAPE from day to day life. Less time on balcony hurts a little.......but ONLY a little. There's plenty to do (or NOT do) on a Carnival cruise. And we're sure looking forward to that on the Pride, one of the finest Spirit Class ships ! Woo-whooooooooo !!!!

Yes, it will be up to you as to how much you enjoy the trip..I sailed on her last year during the storm,(Jan 31st-Feb 7th) the weather sucked but the ship was great even with missing our Freeport stop ( we were meeting friends who live there thru the winter months). we enjoyed the shows, food and especially the karoke bar,(really funny but admired the folks who got up to sing and some did really well but other put us in stitches.) I myself probably will not cruise out of Baltimore again in the winter months but will definately cruise on her again..Would like to do the Bermuda trip next year. So please enjoy your trip and ignore the naysayers...:)

Yes, it will be up to you as to how much you enjoy the trip..I sailed on her last year during the storm,(Jan 31st-Feb 7th) the weather sucked but the ship was great even with missing our Freeport stop ( we were meeting friends who live there thru the winter months). we enjoyed the shows, food and especially the karoke bar,(really funny but admired the folks who got up to sing and some did really well but other put us in stitches.) I myself probably will not cruise out of Baltimore again in the winter months but will definately cruise on her again..Would like to do the Bermuda trip next year. So please enjoy your trip and ignore the naysayers...:)

We missed Freeport too :( waters were too rough. The airport had been closed the day before we got back so our flight was delayed over 12 hours. The airport was not pleasant to say the least, lol. We are going to try her a LITTLE earlier next year and go on the cruise to Bermuda on November 6th. :D

Archived