Indian or Indonesian Food on Eurodam

e3g

Haven't cruised in 7 years. While researching cruising changes on CC, noticed a lot of ships now have Indian food and some even offer Indonesian food. I LOVE Indian food and have enjoyed Indonesian the few times I've had it.

Going on the Eurodam in January, 2018. Does the Eurodam offer these types of food?

HAL usually offers Indonesian dishes in the Lido at least once per cruise during lunch and occasionally during the 1030-1100 late night snack. For lunch, you can find them in the Distant Lands Asian Foods section of the buffet. In the Eurodam, it's on the starboard front side of the buffet. Indian food may not be as common, but you can ask the lido chefs if there are any upcoming offerings. Also, there usually is an Indonesian tea sometime during the cruise, but it may conflict with other activities or your shore excursions.

Thank you. I've had nasi goring when visiting (many times) friends in Gouda, Netherlands and I loved it. Never had bami goring, but looking forward to trying it. I'm off to google it.

Strike up a conversation with your dining stewards, and ask if they can get you Nasi Goreng. We've had it several times. Many chefs will either fix it special or get a plate from the crew kitchen. We've had special presentations, sometimes with several meats as well as egg and rice. As mentioned, you can also request sambal for spice. When we've had it several times, our table mates wanted some too. It's too bad that Indonesian night as well as Dutch night have gone the way of the bean counter, but it's still possible to enjoy a treat with a little effort. Our last cruise (fall color cruise Quebec-NYC) it did require the dining matre de to get it for us, but worth it in the end.

Strike up a conversation with your dining stewards, and ask if they can get you Nasi Goreng. We've had it several times. Many chefs will either fix it special or get a plate from the crew kitchen. We've had special presentations, sometimes with several meats as well as egg and rice. As mentioned, you can also request sambal for spice. When we've had it several times, our table mates wanted some too. It's too bad that Indonesian night as well as Dutch night have gone the way of the bean counter, but it's still possible to enjoy a treat with a little effort. Our last cruise (fall color cruise Quebec-NYC) it did require the dining matre de to get it for us, but worth it in the end.

OR bami goreng, I prefer the Bami goreng as I don't eat much rice. :)