Best procedure for moving from late seating to early seating?

We booked late and the 8:15 seating was the only one available. We're waitlisted for the early seating right now. But, is there some procedure to address this once we get on board? Surely nothing is guaranteed, but I want to do what I can to get my name on the top of the list.

Thanks.

We booked late and the 8:15 seating was the only one available. We're waitlisted for the early seating right now. But, is there some procedure to address this once we get on board? Surely nothing is guaranteed, but I want to do what I can to get my name on the top of the list.

Thanks.

When you check in, your seapass card will indicate your designated seating and your table assignment. If it still shows late seating, go to the dining room as soon as you board (the Cruise Compass will indicate on which deck of the dining room to find the Maitre'd) and request a change of seatings. Chances are that there will be others there looking to change from early to late, so the maitre'd may be able to arrange a swap. If you are flexible about your dining times, you might consider trying My Time Dining. You will have to prepay your gratuities but otherwise you will then be free to dine anytime between 5:30(approx.) and 9:30 and you may even be able to get the same table and/or wait staff. :)

No advance tip is needed---they WANT to make you happy! When you board, just go to the dining room and make sure they're working on it. If you don't get switched the 1st night, you most certainly will by night 2.

We changed to MTD as soon as we got onboard - we ate at 7:45 every night (our choice) and we had the same table and staff every night. It worked really good for us.

How did that work with the shows which are geared for main and late seating?

It worked great - we were usually out of there about 8:45 -- because they weren't serving all their tables at the same time it went a lot faster or as slow as you wanted it.

We did MTD as well and at around 745 to 8 everynight. We also had the same service people.

We just did some planning. If we wanted to see a show we would skip the dessert, and get some later from Windjammer. Otherwise we would go see the second seating show. This also gave us a little time to go change, and to enjoy other things on the ship prior to the show.

Archived