Traditional or Anytime Dining with diet restriction?

kruisey

I have always dined Traditional but would love to meet different folks each night.

Reason being I have a diet restriction I am shown the menu a day in advance.The Head Waiter knows were every one is seated.

How would this work out if I wished to change to Anytime dining ?

I have always dined Traditional but would love to meet different folks each night.

Reason being I have a diet restriction I am shown the menu a day in advance.The Head Waiter knows were every one is seated.

How would this work out if I wished to change to Anytime dining ?

Worked fine for us, I guess it comes up on the computer as you enter the ATD room

Meet with your headwaiter in the anytime dining room (use the same Anytime dining room each night so you can see the same headwaiter).

Your order for the next night will be kept by your cabin number, so no matter which table you sit at your waiter can retrieve it.

Agree with Caribill but you can also order for next day’s lunch if you wish to eat that in the dining room too. If you include it on your “Personaliser”, Princess will be aware of your requirements before you board.

Just a word of caution - I often check what’s delivered just in case, as a couple of times over the years I’ve had a “near miss” when the system has gone wrong, and I’ve had something on my plate that I am allergic to (despite them knowing I was serious allergic to it). Not trying to scare you at all and would say that generally Princesss handles my allergies extremely well. Just as you would do in a land based restaurant, be responsible and aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you that sounds great.It will be nice to just drop in at' Anytime' instead of having to rush to be there at a certain time each nite.Also give me a chance as a solo to meet so many new personalities to chat with this old gal;p;p.

Just got off the Caribbean Princess - we switched to Anytime and daughter has a tree nut allergy.

She only ate in dining room three nights of 7 night cruise as we were in Crown Grill twice and buffet other nights.

In dining room: The head waiter wrote down her cabin number and dinner order for the next night.

They had trouble finding her order and it took quite awhile to find "her food". Not sure what the issue was but it was a bit of a hassle.

One night she went alone and sat with others at a mixed table and it delayed everyone's dinner.

I don't know if it would be different if she had eaten there more often, but Anytime with a food allergy sure didn't work smoothly for us.

We all way take traditional dining because of my shellfish allergy. Having the same wait staff each night I find better. The head waiter gives me the next days menu at night.

We have had a great head wait on Regal named Adrian. One night when he gave us the menu we told him that we would be eating in the specialty restaurant the next night. He ask us what time we wanted. He came back later during our dinner and told us that he made the reservation for us and all ready spoke to them about my allergy. He gave us great service.