Ncl star ..family v 'ordinary'

soggy1975

We're just about to book a summer 18 cruise out of Venice and I'm looking at what room grade to choose.

We're going for either an inside or ocean view picture window cabin. There is the option of a 'standard' room in this category or a family version. What is the difference?

As far as I can see the room plan, size , cost is the same and both can accommodate 4 people (which we need)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

If there is any difference, I am yet to spot it.

I think it’s more down to location than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know thanks..means I'll choose a cabin based on location rather than the fact it's got family in the title

I hope your embarkation day from Venice is better than ours in April 17 on the Spirit. It was raining and the sail away time was 11pm. No one on deck, couldn’t see Jack! Was very disappointed as we didn’t venture back out in the afternoon as too far to walk to the boat taxi stop into St Marks Square.

Will try and find the video I did from our balcony! x

Don’t be too put off by Costafortunes experience. We have sailed out of Venice three times, all in perfect weather.

It is always possible that you may get rain, almost anywhere, and that area is susceptible to heavy showers or thunderstorms in the evenings, but it’s more likely than not that you will have good weather.

Having said that, the one very rainy day we have had in Venice was in August.

We are booked on the Star from Venice in Sept 2018. Our itinerary says it leaves at 5p. Wonder why yours left at 11p ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are some itineraries where the scheduled time to leave Venice is late in the evening. I don’t know the reason for this, but it has been fairly common in the past.

Most leave during the day though.

We are booked on the Star from Venice in Sept 2018. Our itinerary says it leaves at 5p. Wonder why yours left at 11p ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ours said 11pm from way back, probably booking time but hadn’t noticed it. Keith said it’s not that rare, so there must be a reason, maybe they have to clear stuff off, or change of staff, have no idea.

And yes, of course we get more than our fair share of rain in the UK but when it’s nighttime and you’re trying to take pics, everything seemed blurred and misty.

Apologies for duplicating 1 of the pics, I do wish we could edit or delete our entries!

Lots off our cruise were able to walk round Venice until as late as 8-9pm but walking with a stick takes its toll on me, so after the flight and travel, once I was on board it was too much to go wandering and worrying to get back in time. Plus Central Venice there’s no taxis as it’s pedestrianised due to tiny teeny walkways and side streets.

Our group had family inside cabins and regular inside cabins on our Spirit cruise in October. Look for a family sideways cabin by the elevators. These cabin doors opened into the room rather than a closet/washroom hallway. That hallway was quite a bit wider than normal making the desk area seem more spacious.

Just a quick additional query..the price for obstructed ocean view is only a bit more than inside cabins.

Both mid ship..both on same floor

Obstructed view bit bigger 159 v 142 sq ft and also some natural daylight

What would u choose?

How old are pax 3 and 4? Personally I'd book two insides or one of the cheapest suites on 12 (plus extra perks could factor in depending on what is being offered). But if you are set on 4 in an inside I'd book an inside on 12 if you aren't subject to any motion issues.

Our group had family inside cabins and regular inside cabins on our Spirit cruise in October. Look for a family sideways cabin by the elevators. These cabin doors opened into the room rather than a closet/washroom hallway. That hallway was quite a bit wider than normal making the desk area seem more spacious.

I'll second that!

" Sideway's" Type do feel roomie.

Check out the Obstructed view sideway's on deck 8.

I'll second that!

" Sideway's" Type do feel roomie.

Check out the Obstructed view sideway's on deck 8.

We are considering these cabins..cant really stretch to 2 cabins or mini suite.

We managed comfortably last year in a balcony on the Epic.. Just a shame there's not more affordable balcony cabins for 4 on this ship

We are considering these cabins..cant really stretch to 2 cabins or mini suite.

We managed comfortably last year in a balcony on the Epic.. Just a shame there's not more affordable balcony cabins for 4 on this ship

DO Look at the inside sideways on deck 12 cabins 12041, 12039, 12037,and 12035 too.

They are the newest on the ship.