carnival spirit food menu?

dbelectric

anyone have dinner menu from spirit? from usa most ships here have same food, just wondering about the spirit in australia

Hi dbelectric,, just digested your post, we never "stole" a menu from the Carnival Spirit yet, and just booked our 9th Cruise on her for next may-19n to Singapore..but we assume their MDR dinner menu format is similar to usa based ships. It was revised/updated around September'17, with a deluxe feel.

The Wine list is now included, it has an Everyday page and a separate Today page with Chef's recommendation etc etc.You can still mix and match and the desserts are still generous and to die for!

Btw, we found it funny- every table now has a nice bottle of red, "set with the table number on a stone tag tied around the bottle neck" on the table when you arrive..and we noticed some Cruisers would add "THEIR" bottle to their collection each evening.........Yes, its NOT complimentry!! eh!!.. Ok, we suggest you or your Cruise agent contact carnival.com.au directly, am sure they will assist with menu details.

Best Cruising Wishes, Perhaps meet you on "Spirit" in Aussie waters one day... (greg&jill-Sydney au):cool:

many thanks for info will be on spirit in may. we are platnium been on many cruises, hope to see you someday

Great, we are platinum too, will be Cruising Spirit may, from Syd/to Sing..19nt, will be great!. Have you listed for M&M yet? Our most recent was Fun, with free Photo.etc... Btw, we just rcvd an invite from Carnival AU.to have afternoon tea with their new USA President (Christine Duffy) on Spirit when she is in Sydney. early Feb.to meet their crew etc?..Wow, don't want brag yet, maybe she wants to see our home-made MadHat??. It said "Smart Casual"...let you know how goes if you are as intrigued/nosey as we are...we have accepted their invite.. just to keep in touch with Duncan and Dessi's crew.

(Not telling her, we will be on VOS mid feb, 10nt to Pacific Isles)..Best of luck with your menu quest (g&j):cool:,

• 1 month later...

I just did my second cruise on carnival Spirit. I don't have a food menu but can tell you about some of the food.

There is so much to do at night that i don't have time to do everything I want. That means no time to stuff about waiting for a set dining time in the dining room and waiting to be served. So, the dining room for me is only for Cruise Elegant nights or similar. I mostly eat, at a time that suits me, at the buffet.

However, I remember a couple of dishes from the Empire Dining room

- Pasta Carbonara

- Salmon steak

- Prawn cocktail

The Empire restaurant menu has several different sections.

- Set entrees which were the same every day.

- Set main meals which were the same every day.

- Main meals which were different every day

- A section for wine and drinks to pay for

- A section of food you could pay extra for. Presumably the same style of food being served in the Nouveau Restaurant

I can also tell you this,

- If you want the quality food that FOODIES talk about, you need to pay extra to dine in the Nouveau Restauarant. Dining is a set price. It costs something near aud $50 per head.

- If you want seafood, most of the time you need to pay extra for it. It is only provided in small quantities for free in dishes such as prawn cocktail. You can buy seafood in the Lido Deck buffet at the seafood corner. You can also buy Japanese style sea food at Bonsai Sushi

- There is free Pizza 24/7 at the Lido deck buffet. Just line up to order and about 15 minutes later you have your choice of pizza.

- There is free soft serve Ice cream 24/7 from the Lido deck at 2 outlets, either side of the Dive in Movies screen. You can choose from frozen yoghurt, chocolate, strawberry or vanilla.

- Popcorn is provided free during the Dive in Movies at night

- You can get free hamburgers until 5.30pm from Guy's burger joint. They cook the hamburger meat with cheese and put it in a hamburger bun with a side order of chips. You take it to the next door toppings bar and top with your choice of toppings such as onion, tomato, bacon, mushroom etc.

- Lunchtime you can eat for free at Fat Jimmy's C side barbecue. The sign says it is American style barbecue. One thing I remember from there is a pulled pork roll. Although being American they called it a pulled pork sandwhich.

- Breakfast on the lido deck buffet is very Australian or perhaps that is very British. That means breakfast is sausages, eggs done multiple different ways, bacon, grilled tomato, toast, VEGEMITE, peanut butter, jam, cornflakes, yoghurt etc. Plus waffles and pancakes. There was also a continental breakfast bar and an Omelette station. There were other chices of food too. All free.

- Lunch menu was different every day but I used to focus on the Snags and Pies counter. They had diferent types of sausages, different types of pies and sausage rolls plus my favourite mashed potato and gravy. If you are American, the pies and sausage rolls might not be what you would imagine as a pie or a sausage roll. I ate a "pie" in the USA one time and it was a ceramic bowl with meat stew inside covered in pastry. An Australian pie is all pastry on the outside and chunky meat on the inside. A sausgage roll is sausage meat cooked inside pastry.

- Lunch and dinner they had a sweet corner with cakes, slices, biscuits and jelly.

Eating at all the free food locations, there were enough choices to eat something different every meal on every day of the cruise.