Maasdam entertainment post upcoming dry dock

Nang

We are seriously considering the 21 day Alaska cruise San Francisco return May 2019 on the Maasdam. While we are not late night party types we do like some options after dinner and are not into classical music. I understand there is no BB Kings but there would be a show of some sort every night and there would be the two pianos (can't recall what they are called). Does anybody know if BB Kings might make an appearance following the upcoming dry dock/refit? I have no idea the extent of the dry dock/refit.

We are seriously considering the 21 day Alaska cruise San Francisco return May 2019 on the Maasdam. While we are not late night party types we do like some options after dinner and are not into classical music. I understand there is no BB Kings but there would be a show of some sort every night and there would be the two pianos (can't recall what they are called). Does anybody know if BB Kings might make an appearance following the upcoming dry dock/refit? I have no idea the extent of the dry dock/refit.

This winter we had great musicians two Russian ladies a piano player Svetlana and a violinist player

they were suburb !

they playe classical music and nearly the whole ship was sitting in the lounge!!!Every evening 39 days

Svetlana is not coming back she had to go to a different ship she told me through facebook yesterday

but we stay in touch although we live in the Netherlands and she Odessa.

We are sailinfMaasdam San Francisco - Yokohma 35 days hopefully again.

This winter we had great musicians two Russian ladies a piano player Svetlana and a violinist play they were suburb ! they played classical music and whatneverwe wanted nearly the whole ship was sitting in the lounge!!!Every evening 39 days . Svetlana is not coming back she had to go to a different ship she told me through facebook yesterday but we stay in touch although we live in the Netherlands and she Odessa. We are sailing Maasdam San Francisco - Yokohama 35 days hopefully again.

The Maasdam is scheduled for dry dock next month and there will be some significant changes such as being outfitted with Zodiacs for her new role as an Explorer ship.

That being said we have been led to believe that there will no longer be ships singer and dancers on-board. No B.B. King. Entertainment will be more lecture and themed for the area the ship is cruising.

Probably will still have entertainment described by previous poster and maybe a piano entertainer but no dueling pianos as that is mainly offered on the larger ships.

Here is a link that will better describe what future cruising on the Maasdam may be like.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/arts-entertainment/new-exc-in-depth-voyages-feature-zodiac-excursions-for-up-close-discovery/

Bottom line is those of us who are booked on Maasdam after her dry dock have not experienced this new concept.

If entertainment is a high priority I would research deeply if this is the right ship for you.

If entertainment is a high priority I would research deeply if this is the right ship for you.

The itinerary is the highest priority and the rest is for information. Thanks for the link.

After the Maasdam comes out of drydock she will start doing a long period of so-called "EXC" cruises. There will be no singers, dancers, or production shows on the Maasdam during those EXC cruises. Here is a link to some detailed info:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-ships/ms-maasdam/exc-in-depth-voyages1.html

Since this is a new thing for HAL and has yet to commence, there is nobody that can advise regarding the experience.

Hank