Pacific Sun questions

DanFromSyd

Hi everyone,

in my excitment after booking this weekend I have been reading all the cruise brochures i have..

I have a couple of questions relating specifcally to the sun.

It says in the current brochure that a-la- carte breakfast and lunch are available from the dining rooms? can anyone confirm?

I thought it was buffet only??

Drink prices on the sun for spirits and beers?

Thanks,

Dan

not too sure bout lunch, but you can get breakfast in one of the restaurants..

what is the point though when you get the same thing up in the buffet..

has anybody been 2 the outback grill for dinner (i think thats what its called) i want to go, but dnt wanna miss out on dinner in the dining room lol

Dan, they definetly had a-la-carte breakfasts on Sun in June.

We didn't have dinner at the Outback Grill, but we did have pizza's from the pizzeria one night which were very very nice.

Dan, when I get home from work I'll be able help you with the beer/spirits prices - I've got the drinks menu at home. I don't expect the prices will have gone up since June - but even if they have, you'll get an idea. I'll also find the breakfast options from the Sun Daily and post them.

Kym

Dan,

I got a fax from P&O last week that listed, here are the approx prices (I dont have the fax with me right now):

Beers:

Tooheys New 9 oz $2.50

Vic Bitter 9 oz $2.50

Tooheys New 15 oz $3.80

Vic Bitter 15 oz $3.80

Spirits:

House Scotch $4.50

Johnnie Red Label $5

... then up to $8 for Chivas etc..

House Bourbon $4.50

El cheapo (Black jack or something - cant remember now) $5

Wild Turkey $6

... then up to $8

Wine averages about $4.50 - $6 a glass.

Hope that helps mate.

When we were on Sky 2 years ago they had stopped doing the buffet outside due to some health issues which was a bummer. Glad to see it looks like it might be back on deck!!!! again. They also stopped doing the BBQ at Lifou that year as well which again was a bummer. If you wanted lunch you had to go back to the ship which took more time that you'd want. Does anyone know if it's still the same with the shore barbies. Kerri

$4.50 for a house spirit

hmmm 15 drinks a day (being conservative) X 10 days = $675.00

50cents a drink over 150 drinks thats about $75 bucks i reckon I'll save.

thats 16 more drinks i can have if i drink house spirits....

Thanks Whoey!!

Dan

When we were on Sky 2 years ago they had stopped doing the buffet outside due to some health issues which was a bummer. Glad to see it looks like it might be back on deck!!!! again. They also stopped doing the BBQ at Lifou that year as well which again was a bummer. If you wanted lunch you had to go back to the ship which took more time that you'd want. Does anyone know if it's still the same with the shore barbies. Kerri

Sorry to disapoint,but the buffet is inside.There are automatic glass doors to the outside deck where there are some seating.The dining breakfast isn't much.Tried it once.You can sit anywhere and get waited on.Only thing is you get very small portions.So better if you help yourself at the buffet.There are no bbq's on land anymore,must be a health issue. It's a shame as they were really nice.We had an overnight stop in Dravuni years ago and they had lit torches all along the beach,and we had a bbq and a band.Magical

We had a barbeque lunch provided at Poum(divine island) also called emerald Bay. On divine there isnt much but they do provide a large barbeque (free)-hamburger type of things and fruit and some small cake/biscuit things.

Yes you can have breakfast in the dining room or delivered to your cabin. But if you have a healthy appertite eat at the buffet. Plus we always sat with someone different each day. A great way to meet people(without having to resort to buying them a drink!!!!!!)

I didnt think the prices of drinks were very expensive

Not sure about the tv.

karon

If you wanted to eat outside there is nothing stopping you taking your food outside.

Also by the pool outside at the back is a barbeque everyday for hamburgers if you aren;t feeling up to the long lineup or just want a snack.We often just had fruit or cheese/biscuits for lunch, then go back later just before they close for afternoon tea/dessert.

the drink prices are cheap. i was glad to find that out last year and im even more excited to know they are cheaper again on the sun!!!

Show me a place in Sydney (besides an RSL) that does spirits at $4.50 and ill change drinking spots and Corona's at $5.50 is a bargain.

In a nightclub in Sydney ive paid $8.50 for a Corona and $7 for a house spirit!!

Karon,

I agree that the breakfast and lunch is a great way to meet people, we enjoyed it last time. I guess the big point i was curious about was if it was

a-la carte breakfast or just buffet.

Dan

Dan,

I also spoke to P&O a few months ago as I have a video camera with standard RCA output (who doesnt) and they said the TV's have no AV in.

Sometimes I get the feeling the customer service people at P&O dont really know the exact details for things like this.

Has anyone been on the Sun and used the TV like this ?

We tried the al carte breakfast in the Bordeaux restaurant and the only benefit I found with that is that they could cook your eggs/omletes to your perfect specifications, in the buffet I found scrambed and boiled eggs were the only things offered. Everything you could get in the buffet was offered in the restaurant with the waiter offering a plate of pastries when we had coffee/tea at the end. It's probably fine if you had enough of buffet and wanted table service for change.

Lunch we did the buffet (never tried the restaurant), as someone mentioned there is a hamburger grill on the back deck which was great. With the lunches we always ate outside, as we sat out there already on the deckchairs we just went inside and grabbed a plate and then ate outside. Benefit of being out at sea is that there are no flies, it's wonderful to eat outside without the dirty buggers annoying you. I just had sandwiches and salad for lunch but there was plenty of hot food, with the hamburgers and curries, chips, hot dogs etc.

I must say P&O must lose a heap of cutlery, cups and plates overboard on that back deck. The waiters were flat out at times so could not clear the tables quickly enough so when people had finished their meals and left, the wind just picked things up and they went flying over the edge. I also lost my sunglass case and my girlfriend lost her hat, so make sure you look out for it approx 250 nautical miles east of Port Macquarie :rolleyes:

:) Hi Dan, I booked my shore excursions through the cruise personaliser the other day . Im going on the UK ship Aurora but im guessing the Suns shore excursions would be the same. They didnt put the excursions on line until about three months before the cruise leaves.

they seem to have taken all the links to the shore tours off all of the cruises..... We found some for our cruise on the page for another cruise.

When you get your tickets, which will probably be soon since you only have 54 days to go :( , you should get information about your shore tours.

If you are going to Noumea I recommend Le Petit train and the Tjibaou Cultural centre tours - you can do one in the morning and one in the afternoon - as long as you aren't in Noumea on a Monday (the Cultural Centre doesn't open on a Monday).

Kym

I've been looking for some info on shore tours for our cruise but cant seem to find much on here or the p and o site? Do they options appear in cruise personaliser?

Dan

I've been looking for some info on shore tours for our cruise but cant seem to find much on here or the p and o site? Do they options appear in cruise personaliser?

Dan

my bf got his tickets yesterday, he was so excited.. we are doing tree to tree in the morning which is about $109 and jet ski in the arvo which is $85.. just wondering, in the time it says for the shore tours is that including the time to get to and from the ship, ive never done a shore tour before

Luvvin,

not to put you off, but in my experience (dont know about noumea) the touristy places that offer jet skiing are usually pretty lame. Most of them are speed restricted and have a set course you can only go around.

If you have ever ridden one for yourself before you'll find these a total dissapointment.

That said I'm sure if you havent been on one before it will be great as a first time experience.

Dan

The times of the tours will be the time they leave the WHARF. Allow time to disembark from the ship, or get back from previous tours.

Kym

my bf got his tickets yesterday, he was so excited.. we are doing tree to tree in the morning which is about $109 and jet ski in the arvo which is $85.. just wondering, in the time it says for the shore tours is that including the time to get to and from the ship, ive never done a shore tour before

• 4 weeks later...
Ok I have a couple more questions....

Laundry service on the Sun. Does anyone knwo how much they charge to do laundry on the Sun?

Does anyone know the massage prices?

Thanks

Dan

Prices from the Lotus spa

Pamper package - 60min $79.00

Three in one total de-stress - 45min $79.00

Body glow - 50min $85.00

Spa taster - 50min $85.00

Pick and mix - 2 for $40.00, 3 for $60.00 and 4 for $80.00

Seaweed massage - 105min $228.00 and 85min $176.00

hot stones - 75min $175.00

asian lotus ritual - 120min $237.00

frangipani scalp ritual - normally $45.00 special for $29.00

if you want more details of the massages let me know and I can fax or email the info

Took enough clothes so didnt do any laundry:p

Cant find it at the moment but I think it was "fill a laundry bag for $25.00"

and kids laundry is suppose to be free.

Kazza

Hi Kazza

Seeing as you took enough clothes to not have to do laundry and, like me, you have 3 kids, how many bags did you take? I'd like to take enough clothes if I can. The last thing I want to do on holidays is washing & ironing.:eek:

Karen

Archived