Pacific Sun questions

DanFromSyd

I dont want to take enough clothes to last 10 days.. a week maybe but 10 and I have to wash..

I want to get everything in to a large suitcase and a backpack carryon..

What are my chances?? Seeing as I need to pack my suit and what im thinking will be about 4 pairs of shoes!

Dan

My goodness Dan what about the blokey thing of only one pair of shoes :D .

You can do your own washing for I think $1 per load. Don't remember the laundry service prices. Sometimes they have a special for $25 per bag.

Should talk to keepcruising for hints. She is incredible, she packs 1, yes 1 suitcase for the 5 of them for 10 days. I think we took 1 for the 3 of us.

When we did the 10 day cruise in June I had enough outer clothes to last for the 10 days, but we did have to do a load of underwear midway through the cruise - and wash and dry the clothes we were wearing when we got caught in the storm at Mystery Island.

I only took 3 pair of shoes - my surf sandles, my 'good shoes' for evenings and my walking boots because I knew I'd be doing some walking at Divine Island and in Noumea.

I got all of this, including my suit, into one large suitcase - with a back pack for all the extra's. We had to be careful with luggage on that cruise, as we had to fly from/to Brisbane at either end of the cruise so had the resultant airline luggage weight restrictions. We did ok going down, but coming back we exceeded our weight limit, all that duty free alcohol tipped the scales! Luckily we were checking in early, and the girl at check in took pity on us and didn't charge us excess.

The good thing about our cruise in March being out of Brisbane is that we won't have baggage restrictions, so if need be we can take extra cases.

Kym

I dont want to take enough clothes to last 10 days.. a week maybe but 10 and I have to wash..

I want to get everything in to a large suitcase and a backpack carryon..

What are my chances?? Seeing as I need to pack my suit and what im thinking will be about 4 pairs of shoes!

Dan

Hi Kazza

Seeing as you took enough clothes to not have to do laundry and, like me, you have 3 kids, how many bags did you take? I'd like to take enough clothes if I can. The last thing I want to do on holidays is washing & ironing.:eek:

Karen

Karen

You can fit heaps under the bunk beds.

My husband and I both took a large roller bag (that we could roll out from under the bed easy). They are 500x750x300 deep. The 3 boys all took large roller duffle bags that also went under the bed.

I ironed all our clothes and on the day of sailing I put them in the bag only folding them in half (only 1 crease if any). I also took a small iron just in case (thanks "past it" for that suggestion).

Kazza:)

My goodness Dan what about the blokey thing of only one pair of shoes :D .

You can do your own washing for I think $1 per load. Don't remember the laundry service prices. Sometimes they have a special for $25 per bag.

Should talk to keepcruising for hints. She is incredible, she packs 1, yes 1 suitcase for the 5 of them for 10 days. I think we took 1 for the 3 of us.

OK 4 pairs of shoes goes like this.

1 X sandles

1 X dress shoes for suit

1 X comfy shoes Oakley or similar for general day and stuff

1 X shoes for "going out" eg Colorado boots or shoes

I could do the blokey thing and just wear one pair of shoes, but i try to dress nice... just cause im a guy doesnt mean I dont have taste

Dan

its better to take the amount of clothes you need for the duration.

the landuary (opps wrong spelling) facility is only available on sea days and is very busy also its better to take more than you need rather than less as the is ample space to store things in your cabin.

on my first cruise we took collapsable wheelie bags for each of us and then another suitcase with all our swimming gear (we took our our snorkelling gear).

we folded down all the bags and put it in the big suitcase no dramas and never had to wash once. it was so much easier doing it all at home.

not leanient at all, brought enough cloths for everyone different change each day, (even some extras, just incase), including stuff for all of the theme nights. Must admit the kids only had 1 formal change for their coketail party, but other than that all was there. you'll be surprised how efficiently you can learn to pack a suitcase when you have 3 young kids and a person in a wheel chair to look after. One suite case is all you can manage on top of all of that :) . To my credit the kids each have a back pack for their homework and the essential stuffed toys, but they are responsible for that. And don't forget the fridge that is stocked with drinks and medication. It all just getts too much for me to keep track of, so I have learnt to pack well.

Must admit the next singapore cruise will be interesting to try and pack for, don't know if i'll manage to keep it down to one case, unless I plan to use the laundry.

we washed twice on our trip and we had a 14 day cruise. That was a long time away for us. The machines are $1 each washing machine and dryer.

We took to many clothes I think so we could have just washed and wore although the rooms are so small and we had washing hanging all over. They didnt dry to well.

Also people were lined up waiting for hours for the machines as well so this is another thought but I must admit when your on a 14 day cruise it did get a bit boring on the last few days as they didnt have enough activities happening. I think they thought well it is saturday and we are home Sunday so they had no entertainment and people just spent time in the laundry..hehe.. We were only 3 doors down from the laundry which was a bonus.

Mind you we have 5 of us and some wee wee clothes from our 2yr old.

Nerd side???? how many sides do you have or is this your other nerdy twin:D :D :D or triplet

Lol no Dan is the nerd. He is the one that has to work for a living.

Nathan is the fun one. He gets to go out and have a good time and spend the money that Dan makes! Like going on cruises!!

Dan:D :p

I used it recently and found it really easy. After we spent the morning at /noumea doing tours, we came back to the ship and put on our washing and went to have lunch. We then came back put it in the dryer and had desert and coffee while waiting. We could then spend the afternoon at nOumea. We tried earlier on a seaday but everyone was there and there was a lineup, this is why we found it really good on an island day and because Noumea was our least favourite it was a good one to do it.

I used it recently and found it really easy. After we spent the morning at /noumea doing tours, we came back to the ship and put on our washing and went to have lunch. We then came back put it in the dryer and had desert and coffee while waiting. We could then spend the afternoon at nOumea. We tried earlier on a seaday but everyone was there and there was a lineup, this is why we found it really good on an island day and because Noumea was our least favourite it was a good one to do it.

I thought the laundry was closed while in port or at anchor? We often do a mid cruise wash and more often than not we just happen to notice that noone is in there so someone watches the machine while someone goes and grabs the washing. Have spent a few hours in the laundry on one cruise however. After snorkelling for a few days it was decided our beach clothes needed washing and not just a rinse in the shower and we just had to wait. At least that was on the Sky where there are more machines and the laundry is a bit bigger!

For those who don't want the hassle of laundry but also don't want their cabin to smell like an ash tray (even if you don't smoke and especially on the Sun) don't forget to take some Febreeze and spray your clothes of a night time before going to bed. It really does work!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

heyya! have you got ur tickets yet, or picked our shore tours? not long to go now, once christmas comes it will fly.. cant wait :p :D

Yep tickets arrived yesterday!!!

Still undecided on shore tours... What would eeveryone recomend for Noumea?

Dan

So you can use the laundry on port days? Lulu (who works on the sun) says it's only available on sea days. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks

Karen

Still undecided on shore tours... What would eeveryone recomend for Noumea?

Dan

Le Petit Train tour of Noumea is a good one if you haven't been there before. You get to see plenty from the train as you go fairly slowly, and good views from the lookout about the town, where you stop for Champagne and pastries.

Kym

I've been looking for some info on shore tours for our cruise but cant seem to find much on here or the p and o site? Do they options appear in cruise personaliser?

Dan

Hi Dan

When you get your tickets there will be a form for the tours that you have to fax to P&O by certain date, also inside will be a brochure detailing the tours its much better than the download of the tours from the web, saves paper@@@@@ this is what we have just recieved form P&O we go on the 18th I think thats the cruise after you???

Laundry has always been locked on port and island days when we have cruised, maybe someone forgot to lock it that day in Noumea.

We did not receive a tour booking form in our tickets for 9th Jan but it didn't worry us as we have done the tours before, so will probably do our own thing this time.:)

Archived