Previous Cruises and Cocktail Party

sweet_successes

Hi All

I am asking what might be a silly question - but when I was a baby I emigrated via a ship from England to Australia - does this make me a past cruiser??? :confused:

If so, what info do I need as I can get it off my mum???:confused:

Rach

I don't think so, I came over when I was 8 with Sitmar line and P&O wouldn't recognise it

P & O recognised our trip on Sitmar Fairsea in 1967 as a prior cruise:)

Would P&O recognise me emigrating to Australia with my family on the original P&O Oriana in 1964 as a previous cruise?

I was 8 years old at the time.

Maybe they will because it was also P&O.

I still have my certificate for crossing the equator signed by the captain of the ship at the time. Boy, does it look old.........:D

Jenny:)

>^..^<

Would P&O recognise me emigrating to Australia with my family on the original P&O Oriana in 1964 as a previous cruise?

I was 8 years old at the time.

Maybe they will because it was also P&O.

I still have my certificate for crossing the equator signed by the captain of the ship at the time. Boy, does it look old.........:D

Jenny:)

>^..^<

I can't see any reason why not.

Hi All

I am asking what might be a silly question - but when I was a baby I emigrated via a ship from England to Australia - does this make me a past cruiser??? :confused:

If so, what info do I need as I can get it off my mum???:confused:

Rach

If you traveled Sitma or PO yes it does and you do not have to ask mum anything.

Also if you have traveled on any PO ferry that also counts

We stayed at Brampton Island when that was owned by P&O. Does that count? How do they know previous cruises? Do they have a data base to cross reference?

About the previous cruises and checking them, I doubt that they do, I think think they just take your word for it.

I just dug out my old photo album and now I have my prior cruise details. I had cut out the itinerary from the cruise brochure and stuck it in the album. It was Island Princess (the old one which is now renamed Discovery and was twin to the original Love Boat) Feb 8 1991. Now I can add my past cruise in my siggy like everyone else!

It had been a few years between cruises on a P&O ship for us, so I simply rang P&O prior to sailing. I told them we were past passnegers and after a few moments I was told that the information had been updated. ...

Oh well, it was worth a try - just found out that the ship was the Chandris liner Ellinis - a greek liner so now post cocktail party for me!!:(

Rach

I sailed to England on Chandris Lines' Australis.

Karen

It had been a few years between cruises on a P&O ship for us, so I simply rang P&O prior to sailing. I told them we were past passnegers and after a few moments I was told that the information had been updated. ...

Did you ring them to get put on the captain's cocktail party list? Did they ask what ship or what date?

Can someone tell me if the Iberia was P&O? I went on that when I was 12.

It doesn't help one at all, I asked on booking and was told they don't give a past pax discount if the fare is discounted,now who would pay full fare??? In regards to the C.Party.It was announced in the Daily Paper,anyone went. there were no checks of anysort.All you got was a handshake from the Capt and 1 free drink. No big deal.We called in on our way to dinner.

It doesn't help one at all, I asked on booking and was told they don't give a past pax discount if the fare is discounted,now who would pay full fare??? In regards to the C.Party.It was announced in the Daily Paper,anyone went. there were no checks of anysort.All you got was a handshake from the Capt and 1 free drink. No big deal.We called in on our way to dinner.

Past it,

There's two different cockail parties - the one you are talking about is the Captains welcoming cocktail party - held on the first formal night. The one we are talking about is the Captain's Club - which is for previous passengers (although all you have to do is SAY you've been on a previous cruise). It's usually held on the second formal night and isn't advertised in the Daily newspapers.

It's advertised as a private function and if you said you had been on a cruise i dont think they would have the facilities or be bothered to check.

its not all that special really, but is a great way to score a couple of free cocktails especially if your a big drinker... it was on the last formal night and by that stage any free drink is a great drank.

I drank bundy and coke when it was bought for me and i dont drink bundy or borbon.. Its amazing what you can drink when its free!!

Cheers,

Dan

It's advertised as a private function and if you said you had been on a cruise i dont think they would have the facilities or be bothered to check.

its not all that special really, but is a great way to score a couple of free cocktails especially if your a big drinker... it was on the last formal night and by that stage any free drink is a great drank.

I drank bundy and coke when it was bought for me and i dont drink bundy or borbon.. Its amazing what you can drink when its free!!

Cheers,

Dan

Dan's right it's no big deal, only good for a free drink, I normally don't bother going.

Did you ring them to get put on the captain's cocktail party list? Did they ask what ship or what date?

Can someone tell me if the Iberia was P&O? I went on that when I was 12.

He asked very little. I told him we had once received past passenger offers but had since changed address. I am sure that it was no more than recording us as Past Passengers. I doubt he would have gone to the trouble of checking any of our previous bookings. He certainly didn't ask about them.

I would go to the purser's office early in the cruise and tell them you are a past passenger.

On one of our cruises we shared with another couple and they got invited to the function as well even though it was their first cruise.

As Dan and Gyyp say it is not that big a deal, unless you really enjoy a free drink or three. Then again, maybe it is a big deal :D

Do not want to skite but my mum has received several bottles of Moet at the captains cocktail party for being the most cruised on the ship clocking in at 28 last cruise,but even she misses out when some of the old Sydney and Melbourne cruisers one I know has done about 150+ but she has been very sick so she is not cruising so many now Bless her.

Me I go for the wine as it means the I save money on that nights drinks and I make the most of it.:)

Up to a couple of years ago you used to receive a bottle of P & O 'spew'mante with your invitation delivered to your cabin. We still have a bottle in the cupboard can't bring ourselves to drink it. :)

Up to a couple of years ago you used to receive a bottle of P & O 'spew'mante with your invitation delivered to your cabin. We still have a bottle in the cupboard can't bring ourselves to drink it. :)

Yea! I remember those days .... but we referred to it, not as Spew-mante but as Spew-plenty! :D ..... and no, I would even think of drinking it suey!

Do not want to skite but my mum has received several bottles of Moet at the captains cocktail party for being the most cruised on the ship clocking in at 28 last cruise,but even she misses out when some of the old Sydney and Melbourne cruisers one I know has done about 150+ but she has been very sick so she is not cruising so many now Bless her.

Me I go for the wine as it means the I save money on that nights drinks and I make the most of it.:)

On our cruise on Pacific Sun there was someone with well over 100 cruises. On Pacific Sky there was a lady well in her 90s that got up at the Champagne Waterfall (out on the back deck on Sky) and did the pouring of the champagne - much to the delight of everyone, I think she got the best reaction from the crowd.

Archived