Ovation of the Seas Vietnam Visa

Jennypies

We are travelling on Ovation of the Seas on Australian passports into Vietnam. Have any Australians bought this Visa onboard Ovation? How much did it cost? What was the procedure? Thank you

We have done this on RCI Mariner and would assume it will be the same for you as it was for everyone onboard USA & Aussie's etc. alike.

The ship automatically took care of getting the Vietnam Visa's and we were charged $6.00 pp onto our SeaPass account. They were left in our cabin the night before getting into our port of Phu My.

Those that had gotten their Vietnam visa's prior to their cruise as instructed by their respective TA's and paid a "lot" more, were "very upset" and going to pursue trying to get a refund when they returned home.

• 5 months later...

Don't worry - For Vietnam visa, ship will assist guests required to secure a visa for Vietnam and charge the onboard SeaPass® account a one-time nominal fee. Likely to be less than getting the visa yourself.

I don't think Ashland is correct if you decide to overnight in Ho Chi Minh City, or if you are visiting not on an ocean cruise ship. Otherwise, spot on. In the other cases you would need a full visa.

JC

I was just assuming that for the Ovation itinerary scheduled to date there were no overnights in Vietnam....and of course you would need a full visa if not arriving via cruise ship.

I was just assuming that for the Ovation itinerary scheduled to date there were no overnights in Vietnam....and of course you would need a full visa if not arriving via cruise ship.

We spent two nights in the port in April on the Ovation. I considered staying overnight. Heck, I am deferred now for giving blood for a year because of it.

Of course, when you speak in bold dark letters they mean a lot more than the standard forum defaults. Do you take the time to do that on all of your most authoritarian posts?

JC

We sailed on Ovation in November 2016, and the Visa fee charged to our sea pass card was $6 us per person. We were thrilled that RC handled it for us.

It was important to let RC know if you were not getting off the ship in advance. If you didn't tell them, you were charged. (It was the same with Sanya, China, if you didn't let them know in advance).

There was definitely a much higher charge for anyone doing an overnight in HCMC, which deterred many cruisers from choosing an overnight option.

• 2 months later...

We travel on the ovation on Nov 14. I emailed RC to ask about the Vietnam visa and yes, they sort. The cost? They tell me between 60 and 75 US dollars!!! A bit different to the $6 they've charged others. I'm also confused as when I've been looking it up, it seems uk passport holders don't need a visa these days for such short trips? I guess I'll soon find out!!