Cosol Tours

Denise40

I just got info from Cosol Tours regarding their tour in St. Lucia. They were quick to respond. What I need to know is this, the email that they sent back said that we don't pay until the end of the tour in cash. Has anyone else paid like this? I just want to make sure that we will have the tour reserved. Also, do they give a discount for a group of 8-10? They gave me a price of $65/pp and that is what the website said. I thought I read that you get a discount if you have a bigger group.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We just took that tour last week. It was great. Yes, you only pay at the end of the tour. It was great. You will have a great time and you will not go hungry or thirsty!! I cannot tell you if you get a discount, because I did not have a group. If you have any questions you would like me to answer about the tour, just ask.

Laurie

Yes, we did the tour in 2007 and you may pay with cash at the end. This is an independent operator so you're free to negotiate. If I recall correctly in 2007 the price increased from $45 to $50. The present rate seems to be a fairly large increase in price, so I might try to give a counter offer: $400 for 8 people. That being said, even at the increased price, if you're spending a full day with Cosol it is worthwhile.

We toured with Cosol in June 2008. One of the best tours we have had. You will not be disappointed. In fact we are returning next February and may do it again. St Lucia is a beautiful island, one of the prettiest we have been on and Cosol's tour allows you to see a lot of it and also sample a lot of wonderful local foods.

Btw...if you go be sure to take him a few green apples if your ship has them. He loves them and they are either hard to get or very expensive in ST Lucia.

Don't remember what we paid, I think $45 which at the time I thought was a bargain. If it is now $60, it is still well worth it. Much better value than some of the ship excursions I have paid for.

Check back later, I have lots of pictures taken on that tour. I will add some of them as soon as I can.

We toured with Cosol in June 2008. One of the best tours we have had. You will not be disappointed. In fact we are returning next February and may do it again. St Lucia is a beautiful island, one of the prettiest we have been on and Cosol's tour allows you to see a lot of it and also sample a lot of wonderful local foods.

Btw...if you go be sure to take him a few green apples if your ship has them. He loves them and they are either hard to get or very expensive in ST Lucia.

Don't remember what we paid, I think $45 which at the time I thought was a bargain. If it is now $60, it is still well worth it. Much better value than some of the ship excursions I have paid for.

Check back later, I have lots of pictures taken on that tour. I will add some of them as soon as I can.

tw861...We were on this tour last week and the memory card in my camera was defective and I lost all my pictures. :eek: I am sick about it and would be very grateful if you would email me some of your photos (or a link to them) so that I could have copies made.

Thanks so much!

Laurie

• 1 month later...
tw861...We were on this tour last week and the memory card in my camera was defective and I lost all my pictures. :eek: I am sick about it and would be very grateful if you would email me some of your photos (or a link to them) so that I could have copies made.

Thanks so much!

Laurie

I would have been so sad if I lost all my St. Lucia photos!! I'm so sorry. Here is a link to my photos, the page is not done yet, but you can download anything you like.

http://drmnofmauistravels.shutterfly.com/pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much!

Laurie

We took Cosol's tour back in 2008 and enjoyed it. I think there were something like a dozen vans in our group, but they staggered the stops, so most stops (except the food stop) didn't have many of them together. Some things may have changed since our tour, but it was a great day. Hint: the fish at the snorkel place really do love the bananas - it's not a joke. Save some, and take it out snorkeling!

Our pictures: click here

Are there any life jackets on the boats I saw in your pictures? I assume it is the water taxi. We are booked with Cosol next Thursday. My Mom and husband are non swimmers and I would definetely feel better if there were life jackets on those small boats, but then again I do worry WAY too much.:o

Thank you so much for sharing your photos. They're great!

Laurie

You're welcome! I had a really good time putting them together. As a matter of fact, I just told my husband today that we need to go on vacation again so I can have another picture project...:)

Are there any life jackets on the boats I saw in your pictures? I assume it is the water taxi. We are booked with Cosol next Thursday. My Mom and husband are non swimmers and I would definetely feel better if there were life jackets on those small boats, but then again I do worry WAY too much.:o

KYGirl... I didn't notice any life jackets, but then I didn't look for them. You are very close to the coastline for most of the trip. Do you swim at all? Maybe just for comfort you could bring along a small floatie just for comfort?

DrmnOfMaui, I do swim, it is my Mom and Husband that do not swim at all. Do you remember approximately how much time was spent in the boat? I also wonder if there would be any way to skip the boat ride and just take the van to the next stop? I plan to snorkel, but no life jackets makes me uneasy for my family, those boats looked small to me and the water looked deep. Again I am a worrier.:(

DrmnOfMaui, I do swim, it is my Mom and Husband that do not swim at all. Do you remember approximately how much time was spent in the boat? I also wonder if there would be any way to skip the boat ride and just take the van to the next stop? I plan to snorkel, but no life jackets makes me uneasy for my family, those boats looked small to me and the water looked deep. Again I am a worrier.:(

I understand you concern but as my dad told me when asked how deep the water was when I was learning to swim in a lake -- "doesn't matter, anything over 6' is over your head anyway so it doesn't matter how deep the water is".

I'm guessing there are vest available but I have never had to wear them on any excursion while sailing. As long as they are available that is all that matters to me.

we were just on the tour 2 weeks agon and it was everything as promised. The food was great and it was all well organized. We had 3 vans off of our ship and we were never at the same spot at the same time. I'm sure if you ask, they will give you a vest. Make sure you do not wear sneakers because the will get wet.

We just got home from our cruise. 12 people in our van. The vans are very large and roomy. Nice big windows and the AC worked great. This was, by far, the best tour we have ever taken. I wanted to get on the message boards and give Cosol some much deserved LOVE!! There where other Cosol vans taking the same route, but we only saw one once. They make sure to space the stops so you aren't crowded. Any questions, feel free to ask. We loved the tour, it was worth every penny (and the additional tip!!)

Hello All!

This will be our 1st cruise; we leave next month, 11/22. I just found out about Cosol and just may be considering using them as our tour company. How do you contact them? If we pay them after the tour, how are we guaranteed a spot on the van? My husband is concerned about being able to stop at each location to take in view or pics. And I want to know how close do we get to the Pitons?

Hello All!

This will be our 1st cruise; we leave next month, 11/22. I just found out about Cosol and just may be considering using them as our tour company. How do you contact them? If we pay them after the tour, how are we guaranteed a spot on the van? My husband is concerned about being able to stop at each location to take in view or pics. And I want to know how close do we get to the Pitons?

http://www.cosol-tours.com/

Book them you wont be sorry.

Hello All!

You will catch a water taxi and be about as close as you can get. I mean, they are mountains.......you will be at the base of them. We stopped numerous places just for "Kodak Moments" as Cosol calls it. Check out some of my pictures in my link.

We just got home from our cruise. 12 people in our van. The vans are very large and roomy. Nice big windows and the AC worked great. This was, by far, the best tour we have ever taken. I wanted to get on the message boards and give Cosol some much deserved LOVE!! There where other Cosol vans taking the same route, but we only saw one once. They make sure to space the stops so you aren't crowded. Any questions, feel free to ask. We loved the tour, it was worth every penny (and the additional tip!!)

May I ask about how much you tipped at the end of the tour? We're taking his tour in December. Thanks!

Hello All!

You are on the same trip as us. I've done COSOL twice. It is well worth the money. To help put your mind at ease even if you waited until that morning to do the excursion you would be able to go as Cosol just calls in drivers as he needs them. Obviously, I would suggest pre booking. You will have plenty of time for pictures. As for the Pitons we are proably going to Jalouise Resort (via Water) and will spend about 1 - 2 hours there. Unfortuantely, there is not enough time to climb the Pitons but you will most certainly see the beauty upclose.

Thanks Mike! Will you be on this tour as well?

I will be sending Cosol an email now. This puts my mind at ease. As for the Pitons, I can't wait to see their beauty upclose. :)

You are on the same trip as us. I've done COSOL twice. It is well worth the money. To help put your mind at ease even if you waited until that morning to do the excursion you would be able to go as Cosol just calls in drivers as he needs them. Obviously, I would suggest pre booking. You will have plenty of time for pictures. As for the Pitons we are proably going to Jalouise Resort (via Water) and will spend about 1 - 2 hours there. Unfortuantely, there is not enough time to climb the Pitons but you will most certainly see the beauty upclose.

Archived