Upgrade Fairy Has Waved Here Wand

ToadOfToadHall

We booked an A7 guarantee for our trip on the QV to the Baltics in June. I paid the balance last week and this morning I checked online and we're been allocated an A4 cabin.

Better than a poke in the eye with a burnt wand !!

Good for you. :)

Well done. This is exactly the same as we booked for 5 May trip on the QV. An A7 guarantee moved to A4. :)

Just need to wait now to see what happens with our Q7 guarantee in August! How high can you go...

We recently booked a Q7 guarantee for the QV trip to the North Cape in May. Just got an email yesterday to confirm we had been upgraded to a Q3. We are very pleased - have never been upgraded on any of our voyages before - a wonderful surprise.

I'm not sure what real difference it makes as all Q grade cabins have their own advantages in terms of location/size etc.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. This will be our fourth QE/QV trip and they just keep getting better and better.

Cinders.

We are also on a cruise on the QV to the Baltic in June and we have just been upgraded from a C5 to a C4 but seeing as there are only 2 C5 cabins, it was hardly unexpected.

We are hoping for an obstructed view balcony but maybe we will be lucky and get another upgrade.

Great news on your upgrade.

I keep checking online to see if we have been allocated a stateroom yet for June 10th QM2 Transatlantic, nothing yet.

I am itching with anticipation.

Have a great trip.

Denise

Now I'm just hoping for another upgrade !

I've just looked at the prices of the excursions and I've just fallen off my chair !

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away... :D:eek::D

I know. I'm going to have to do some serious research into all the ports now to see what's what, i.e. where the ship docks etc.

Some of them were $63 for a 2 hour walking tour. $200 - $400 for St Petersburg or Moscow for $800 !!! I can go TA one way for not much more than that.

We are also on a cruise on the QV to the Baltic in June and we have just been upgraded from a C5 to a C4 but seeing as there are only 2 C5 cabins, it was hardly unexpected.

We are hoping for an obstructed view balcony but maybe we will be lucky and get another upgrade.

Most likely the same one then, departs on the 29th of June.

I keep checking online to see if we have been allocated a stateroom yet for June 10th QM2 Transatlantic, nothing yet.

Have a great trip.

Denise

I will be sailing with you and I also check daily. So far no allocation for us. This must mean that they are trying to find the biggest and best staterooms for us. :D

Have a great trip.

Denise

I check daily too, and we don't board until 21st August! :D

Yes Toad, it is the same one. I expect there will be a price drop now that the final payment date has passed, which will be annoying.

Are you going to join the Roll Call for it?

I am seriously considering a non Cunard tour for St Petersburg with either St Petersburg Tours or Alla Tours. Lots of excellent reviews for them on the forum for Northern Europe.

We used Alla tours in 2009. I have recommended them to a number of close friends. They are wonderful. We booked a private tour for 6 people but there is also a small group tour available. (Ususally less than 18 people per vehicle)

Our trip included a driver and guide and was $350 USD per person. The larger groups were $300pp. We were charged on the morning of the second day.

You are covered under the Alla umbrella type Visa and do not need to get your own.

I expect there will be a price drop now that the final payment date has passed, which will be annoying.

Are you going to join the Roll Call for it?

It already has. I booked around last November, and for what I paid for an A7 I could today book an A1.

I'm already on the roll call,have a look.

Toad.

It already has. I booked around last November, and for what I paid for an A7 I could today book an A1.

I'd rather have an A4 than an A1. A1's are on deck 8 and you'd have the Lido etc above you.

Brilliant on your upgrade! You can easily do all of the ports of call on your own, save St. Petersburg. I agree with the chorus that sings, "book a third party operator for SPb." You will see far more for less.

No matter what, enjoy!

Some of the excursion prices are obscene.

For example, the Zeebrugge to Bruges - just the coach, no tour or anything is £$61.

It's only 10 miles each way, so for coach of 50 people, that's $3000 for a 20 mile drive. I don't mind paying for things but there are limits.

Some of the excursion prices are obscene.

For example, the Zeebrugge to Bruges - just the coach, no tour or anything is £$61.

It's only 10 miles each way, so for coach of 50 people, that's $3000 for a 20 mile drive. I don't mind paying for things but there are limits.

The local town provide a free shuttle bus to Blankenberg and then you can get a train for 5 euros or so to Bruges, it is an 11 minute ride and there are at least two trains an hour each way. Simples!!

The local town provide a free shuttle bus to Blankenberg and then you can get a train for 5 euros or so to Bruges, it is an 11 minute ride and there are at least two trains an hour each way. Simples!!

Thanks Captain.

I had a look and it's 5.8 euros return and you can buy online and they email you a pdf for your ticket. I think that beats $61 !!

Thanks Captain.

I had a look and it's 5.8 euros return and you can buy online and they email you a pdf for your ticket. I think that beats $61 !!

We are on QV for the Baltic cruise on 08 May. We have organised via our roll call to do the 2 day tour of STB with TJ Travel. Actually we only managed to get 5 people. TJ has managed to get another 8 (2 of which will be off Thompson Spirit).

re the train for Blankenberge - they leave at 11 minutes past the hour at the times we will be likely to catch them. I must have a look at the possibility of getting a ticket online - if only for the trip in. Will save queueing- I am famous for arriving at train stations just as the train is pulling out!! We actually go to Zeebrugge twice on our upcoming cruises - I am planning on catching the same train from Blankenberge to go to Ghent on the second occasion

Barry

We are on QV for the Baltic cruise on 08 May. We have organised via our roll call to do the 2 day tour of STB with TJ Travel. Actually we only managed to get 5 people. TJ has managed to get another 8 (2 of which will be off Thompson Spirit).

re the train for Blankenberge - they leave at 11 minutes past the hour at the times we will be likely to catch them. I must have a look at the possibility of getting a ticket online - if only for the trip in. Will save queueing- I am famous for arriving at train stations just as the train is pulling out!! We actually go to Zeebrugge twice on our upcoming cruises - I am planning on catching the same train from Blankenberge to go to Ghent on the second occasion

Barry

There is a conductor on board the train who may make it to where you are sat during the short trip and sell you a ticket, if he doesn't you get to ride free.

There is a conductor on board the train who may make it to where you are sat during the short trip and sell you a ticket, if he doesn't you get to ride free.

We bought our tickets at a window on Blankenberge station.

Archived