Getaway Spa Balcony Questions

We're looking to head out on the Getaway in May. We plan to get a balcony room and had both planned to get a week's pass to the Spa...we enjoyed it a lot when we were on the Pearl a few years back.

Would there be any reason we shouldn't get the Spa Balcony room? It looks like they aren't much different but will save us a few bucks. Does anyone know if there are any differences amongst the spa balcony rooms we should consider? Are all the balconies the same size amongst the spa balcony rooms?

Thanks in advance.

you will get essentially the same balcony room. It will just be closer to the spa and have fancier soaps and shampoos.

Most of the spa balcony cabins tend to be forward on the ship. If you prefer Aft or Mid Ship location than that's something to consider. There are more Spa Mini Suites closer to a Mid Ship location. Also you'll be on deck 14, if you prefer a different deck you lose that option.

If you plan to purchase a Future Cruise certificate this trip you'll receive $100 OBC credit that can help defray the cost of the suite pass if you remain in a non spa balcony. Depending on your sailing the spa pass could cost $149/199, so the upgrade may save you or it may not. Typically we don't get that price decision until we're onboard. :(

I've toyed with the same questions, good luck with your decision. I don't think there is a bad choice to be made, just good and better. ;)

I think the best thing about the Spa Balcony room is that you are guaranteed that you will have Spa access. You will be in deck 14 so you are very close to the Spa.

Depending on the sail date/price, the Spa Balcony is also a better deal especially if you are sure that you are going to buy the spa passes for 2 people once on board.

We originally booked a Spa Balcony on the Getaway but we had to give that up when we switched to the Escape (no more Spa Balcony/mini suite available for our sail date).

question about the spa. Do you have to have a spa pass to get into the spa area? What does this include? I couldn't find any details on the website.

thankyou

You need a pass to use the Thermal Suite section of the spa. The Thermal Suite includes a sauna, steam room, Vitality pool (pool with jets of water to relax back, legs, etc), hot tubs, and the heated tile loungers (which are awesome). There may be a few items I'm forgetting. We loved it so much on the Epic that we got a spa balcony room for our next cruise on the Getaway!