Sky Suite on Solstice in Alaska, Sept 2018 side or aft choice?

lozzie64

Hi all, I have a Sky Suite booked on Celeb Solstice 2118, on the side and I have just noticed they still have a number of back of ship corner of cabins available in my Suite Class or change to S1. I am due to pay the full amount next week, so it's possible for a change. Should I change to the back of the ship? I have been in this ship location once before on the very flat Med and loved it. This time it's out of Seattle and up to Tracy Arm Fjord and back. Hoping the seas are not too rough, especially if I make the change. Not sure why there are still corner rooms left, some of them are adjoining and they weren't available a while ago. Thanks.

We love the aft rooms b/c you get a porthole view and the balcony view. That’s all we book anymore. And the room is configured more like a square room (hotel style). You do want to book as high up as you can get though. There is one of the Sky Suites that will have window washing equipment that kind of blocks view, but that has never really bothered us. Plus, those may be a little less spendy than the ones without. Some other considerations - the walk from the elevator is a long one and sometimes there is soot on the balcony. Again, this doesn’t bother us either. Lastly, there is a pole in the room. Depending on your cabin, it can be close to the bed. You get used to it and eventually don’t notice it. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, that description sounds like the room I had on Silhouette a few years ago! I did love being at the back of the ship for the view available. The only thing that bothered me was the noise from the deck chairs above, but I can possibly avoid that if I move as there are still a few options.

You should be able get a captains club upgrade from S2 - S1.

The corner aft SS are very nice, and great in Alaska.

The Captain's Club upgrade does not apply to suites.

We had an aft Sky suite on the Solstice last year cruising Alaska. Best cabin we have ever had for an Alaskan cruise. The only negative was the long walk to the elevators. The round window made the stateroom really special. I was concerned about the pole, but hardily ever noticed it. Very little problem with the soot. Stateroom attendant cleaned the balcony whenever there was soot.

Mike