AMAWaterways Myanmar - Go now...

Circe

Our AmaWaterways Myanmar trip was spectacular...one of the very best trips we have experienced. We appreciate the amount of effort and negotiation that went into AMA’s planning that made this trip possible. Everything was excellent - the riverboat, guides, staff, hotel and dining arrangements, and excursions! We loved every moment of it and thought every aspect exceeded expectations. Inle Lake is not to be missed, it was magical (corny but true), so take this extension.

There are so many highlights of the trip, especially Bagan, village visits, the kindness of the people (nearly everything!), but our highest praise and appreciation has to go to the staff and crew of the AmaPura, a group of very kind people who sincerely wanted to deliver the highest service to guests. They carefully watched out for all of us, particularly when we left and returned to the ship (it is hot and challenging due to the walks up the embankments to and from the ship and the Pagoda steps, so pacing is important). The sight of your staff lining the path and enthusiastically offering good wishes for our excursions and welcoming us back was touching. I smile every time I remember being welcomed back by “It’s good to be home.” And, Ton and Terry were memorable - Ton for his humor, Terry for his sincerity, and both of them for their commitment to their country.

We could say so much more. For now, our thanks to the AMA staff for enabling us to travel to a country that lives and breathes Buddhist principles despite its many past and future challenges. And…there can never be too many pagodas despite what you might hear from some travelers (people always have to grumble over nothing). The trip could not have been better!

I can not agree more. We did a last minute Vantage cruise on the Irrawaddy river in 2014. Unbelievable wonderful trip...biggest regret we could not go Inle Lake because I needed to be home for Christmas.

I think that this trip immersed us culturally more than I had ever experienced previously. This no doubt was the result of a wonderful small group leader who built on our knowledge daily.......my understanding of Budhism and the people of Myanmar(Burma) could not have been more profound.

Oh yeah.......the small ship and crew were amazing too!

We leave the end of October for Vietnam and the Mekong I only hope that this itinerary can come close and we are lucky enough to have the kind of shepherd (tour director) that can expose us to another wonderful people and their culture.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We are making that trip in November. We are on AMA Dara. We did the Danube last November with AMA and truly loved the crew and their efforts. Can't wait for Vietnam/ Myanmar. Any tips for us?

We were on an AMA trip to Myanmar back in January. If you're interested in a glimpse of the trip, check out my blog entries (text and photos) at https://travelscrivener.blogspot.com/search/label/Myanmar

• 1 month later...
Our AmaWaterways Myanmar trip was spectacular...one of the very best trips we have experienced. We appreciate the amount of effort and negotiation that went into AMA’s planning that made this trip possible. Everything was excellent - the riverboat, guides, staff, hotel and dining arrangements, and excursions! We loved every moment of it and thought every aspect exceeded expectations. Inle Lake is not to be missed, it was magical (corny but true), so take this extension.

The trip could not have been better!

We took this trip in January 2016 and agree that this AmaWaterways trip was wonderful. I've heard a rumor that AMA will not offer this trip in 2018 and the AMA website does not list any 2018 trips. So consider 2017 if you want to book with AMA.

Bob

We took this trip in January 2016 and agree that this AmaWaterways trip was wonderful. I've heard a rumor that AMA will not offer this trip in 2018 and the AMA website does not list any 2018 trips. So consider 2017 if you want to book with AMA.

Bob

I have a 2018 trip booked to Vietnam/Cambodia with AMA. Actuallly, I believe, they released their 2018 itineraries before anyone else.