Port departure times

Malcolm142

Unfortunately P&0 like to keep this information to themselves ( unlike other cruise lines). However, most ports have their own website with arrival and departure times - often up to a year in advance. I have found these to be pretty reliable.

Unfortunately P&0 like to keep this information to themselves ( unlike other cruise lines). However, most ports have their own website with arrival and departure times - often up to a year in advance. I have found these to be pretty reliable.

Hi, I was wondering the same, a couple of the ports say afternoon. However, if you look in the tours section and click into them they show the times of the trips. i.e. one of the islands we are going to says afternoon departure, but when I went to book a beach trip it gives two times 8.30am or 12 noon and the trip lasts 4 hours, in other words the ship can't be leaving until after 4.00pm at the earliest, unless there is some last minute change, think this is the nearest you will get to gauging time ship will leave.

Regards

Viv

I would imagine they don't print times in the brochure as things can change and the brochures are printed well in advance. If they printed the times then they would get lots of moans from passengers if the times had to change and were not the ones that were in the original brochure. I too have looked at Tour times and you can gauge likely departure times from that.

So why don’t they print them in the brochures like all the other cruise lines!!

I think it is to make it difficult for you to book independent tours as you don't know your exact arrival and departure times. I think these are the P&O times but as I said I just phone and ask for the exact times and they always tell me.

Each port visit will vary according to the cruise and port. Foreach cruise we will indicate next to each port the anticipated arrival anddeparture times as follows:

Early Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between midnightand 08.59am

Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00am and11.59am

Early Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between middayand 02.59pm

Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 03.00pm and05.59pm

Early Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 06.00pmand 08.59pm

Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00pm and11.59pm

These timings are guidelines only and the actual times may vary.

I would imagine they don't print times in the brochure as things can change and the brochures are printed well in advance. If they printed the times then they would get lots of moans from passengers if the times had to change and were not the ones that were in the original brochure. I too have looked at Tour times and you can gauge likely departure times from that.

I agree with you Annie, but there is nothing to stop them updating the itinerary that you get in your cruise personaliser, putting times instead of morning, afternoon and evening and adding that they could be subject to change

.. Whilst you can ring P & O it can take forever to get through. I've often listened to their recorded message for 20+ mins, fortunately I've used the free-phone number. Regards Viv

I think it is to make it difficult for you to book independent tours as you don't know your exact arrival and departure times. I think these are the P&O times but as I said I just phone and ask for the exact times and they always tell me.

Each port visit will vary according to the cruise and port. Foreach cruise we will indicate next to each port the anticipated arrival anddeparture times as follows:

Early Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between midnightand 08.59am

Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00am and11.59am

Early Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between middayand 02.59pm

Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 03.00pm and05.59pm

Early Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 06.00pmand 08.59pm

Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00pm and11.59pm

These timings are guidelines only and the actual times may vary.

I think you might be right about making it difficult to book independent tours. (When we were on a Baltic cruise with Princess we booked an independent 2 day tour of St. Petersburg, the itinerary was the same as Princess but we only paid just over a third of the price Princess was quoting, the tour was excellent and we had the bonus of been on nice 12 seat mini buses instead of been herded on to 50+ seat coaches Princess was using.

Do you have a magic telephone number for P&O, every time I ring for information I seem to be listening to their automated message for ages, sometimes I've held for 20+mins and then given up. Fortunately its been the free-phone number. Regards Viv.