Is it worth the financial upgrade to the Fantastica package for the drink package?

CurlyQ132

Is it worth the financial upgrade to the Fantastica room package for the drink package? Or do many of you just book a Bella Room and get the drink package separate.

We upgraded to fantastica. It was worthwhile for us because our daughter also got 12 drink vouchers (for sodas, water, juices, etc).

Also, Fantastica cabins are nicer than Bellas, Aurea nicer than Fantastica, etc. But then again, I've only been on 1 MSC cruise :-)

It was worth it for us for a variety of reasons. All three of us got the drink package which was more than enough for our needs but we also took full advantage of the free morning breakfast room service and after being on the ship I am 100% certain we enjoyed our room on the 11th floor far more than we would have our original room on the 8th floor. Other perks like guaranteed dinner choice are nice too. I would absolutely do it.

• 3 months later...
It was worth it for us for a variety of reasons. All three of us got the drink package which was more than enough for our needs but we also took full advantage of the free morning breakfast room service and after being on the ship I am 100% certain we enjoyed our room on the 11th floor far more than we would have our original room on the 8th floor. Other perks like guaranteed dinner choice are nice too. I would absolutely do it.

I am only now doing a little research. I booked the fantastica package (I must have booked the fantastica cabin without realizing it) because for the extra $70pp it was worth it just for the drinks. But what does that mean "guaranteed dinner choice"? This will be our first time on MSC although I've sailed almost all the main lines in USA.

We did it because we got the mealtime drink package and the 12 vouchers each with the Fantastica package, which was worthwhile to us.
Does that mean that in addition to the 12 vouchers for drinks you also receive drinks during dinner for "free"? Does that include alcoholic drinks? Is there a limit?

Does that mean that in addition to the 12 vouchers for drinks you also receive drinks during dinner for "free"? Does that include alcoholic drinks? Is there a limit?

You will only get the Mealtime package if it's part of a promotion. It's not automatically included in Fantastica bookings.

I am only now doing a little research. I booked the fantastica package (I must have booked the fantastica cabin without realizing it) because for the extra $70pp it was worth it just for the drinks. But what does that mean "guaranteed dinner choice"? This will be our first time on MSC although I've sailed almost all the main lines in USA.

With a "Fantastica" booking, you will get the dining time of your choice i.e. early or late seating. Those who opt for the lower category level, "Bella", may not and, in some instances, if the ship is full for example, may be seated in a dedicated area of the buffet with table service and the MDR menu for dinner if they cannot be accommodated in the main dining room.