Cozumel Allegro Resort day pass

amoody914

Hi! We are heading to Cozumel in a few weeks and were thinking about doing the Cozumel Allegro Resort day pass. Has anyone been there before and what were your thoughts? We have 2 kids that aren't interested in the inflatables, which is why we were looking into this. Thanks! :)

Personally I think resort packages do serve a purpose and are a worthwhile option on occasion, depending on your requirements.

We have visited Allegro on a day pass when we had a toddler and wanted a quieter splashground than Playa Mia. unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate so we didn’t get to enjoy it as much as could have but that would have been true of a beach day at any location on that day. It did allow the little one room to run around off the ship, with food and drink included. This was a number of years ago and the resort has since been bought by Barcelo so I don’t know what changes have been made and can’t really comment on current facilities. You don’t say how old your kids are, or what they like to do? For older kids, Occidental next door may be better but again our land visit there was also before Barcelo.

We have done plenty of beach bars and there are locations to sort all budgets, rustic/developed, sandy/rocky. We have done several resort hotels both as day guests and on land vacations. They all have a time and place. The one big plus for me of resorts is a nice pool, to others that isn’t important.

Thanks for the responses! The kids are 4 and 9. The splash pad/pirate ship pool looks like something our 4 year old would love and our 9 year old would be happy as long as there’s a beach :)

Sounds good for that age! Unless things have changed, 9 year old ( maybe 4 year old) will also have the children’s club. Food was fairly average as I recall, but as I said this was probably 5+ years ago.

Can anyone answer this?

Can you get this Day Pass directly thru them? Or and online site.

Does their day pass only include the Buffet. (one place I am reading only mentions 'buffet'.

Is there not also a pool/beach grill where one can get burgers, and other food made to order from a menu?

Thanks!

Can anyone answer this?

Can you get this Day Pass directly thru them? Or and online site.

Does their day pass only include the Buffet. (one place I am reading only mentions 'buffet'.

Is there not also a pool/beach grill where one can get burgers, and other food made to order from a menu?

Thanks!

I would write to the hotel direct and ask your questions. I have done the pass several years ago through ShoreExcursioneer. As I said the hotel has been taken over by Barcelo so I don’t know what current policy is.

When I plan to do a day pass i always write to the hotel direct in addition to check what they offer - sometimes it is cheaper to book direct/ sometimes not; sometimes you get longer hours/ sometimes not.

As I recall when we went they only offered a buffet, but that may have changed.

I do know Park Royal offered a buffet, plus a couple of snack bars which we have also done with a little one to save on transportation costs.