Can taxis or Uber take you directly to the door at Jax port?

hrmkr

The hotel we are staying at the night before our cruise in Jacksonville does not have a shuttle to the cruiseport. I asked them what they recommend. They gave me a name and phone number of a private company. I called and they said it would be $8 per person and they can take us right to the door. The lady said that taxis and Uber can only take you to the gate of the port and it is a decent walk to the door.

Can anyone please let me know if this is true? Sounds like she was trying to make the taxis sound bad.

I cruise from Jaxport all the time, but have never taken Uber or Lyft. I have either parked or had a friend/family drop me off at the door. I don't know why an Uber or Lyft driver couldn't drop you off at the front door? My husband wasn't on the cruise documents, and he said he was dropping all of us of for the cruise. He was required to show his driver's license and then allowed to drive directly to the terminal. How did they know he wasn't an Uber or Lyft driver? I'm not really sure that what you were told makes sense to me.

John,

I have tried to call the Port Authority for several days and there is no answer.

Anyone else have any ideas or have had a taxi or Uber take them into the port? Also, can you take Uber or a taxi directly from the front doors of the port to the airport?

Uber can drop you off directly at the port doors (passenger drop off section) but they can NOT pick you up (as I learned today). You will have to take a Carnival transfer ($22 per person) to the airport (assuming that’s where you are going after?) We have four in our party so my dh is taking a carnival transfer to the airport to pick up our rental car.

Not happy having to wait that much longer but we have no other choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Just seeing if anyone has had recent trips with Uber/left from jaxport to Jax airport. I do not mind paying the $10 for them to come to gate. I am just seeing if they WILL come to gate.  If not-does anyone know if i will be ok catching an 11:30 flight. I made my tickets prior to looking into Uber. I have only taken 1 other cruise from Tampa and that was a breeze with Uber/ airport/cruise terminal. Thanks in advance.