Poesia Med in Fall 2019

pjhootch

Hello all,

I do not see much information on the Poesia and I am curious. We booked a cruise in October 2019 for a Fantastica balcony. I believe we will purchase the basic all inclusive (non premium) drink package and be content with that. We are from the U.S., but fairly well traveled and not looking for a deluxe or pampering type of experience. We would rather enjoy the ship in a relaxed way in the evening and on sea days, and really focus our energy on ports and excursions. I have seen a handful of reviews that are somewhat recent and U.S. folks don't seem to care that much for the Poesia experience. I realize the ship is on a different itinerary at this point so there won't be a review of the trip we will take available. I am just more interested in an overall view of either the ship- OR any Mediterranean itinerary on a different M.S.C. ship.

I sailed on the Poesia.

The ship is beautiful. Very classic.

Cabin: I had a Balcony. It was a beautiful blue and I loved It! Balcony was a generous size. Shower, glass enclosed.

Best pizza, pasta and steak, I've had on a cruise.:)

Buffet: Was good. Didn't complain.

Service, very good.

This is not catered for Americans! Keep that in mind.

Entertainment: Boring. Did not like it.

Sail Away: Didn't like it!

Drinks, not good at making my favorite. Long Island Ice Tea

IN cabin tv: Horrible. 1 channel had ENGLISH, with news all day. Thank God I had my DVD player.

With that being said, I'm going with MSC again this SEPTEMBER on the SINFONIA I know what to expect and will be prepared this time by bringing lots of books.

You'll enjoy the ship, she's a beauty. :)

PJH ... As an FYI ... if you intend to get an all-inclusive drinks package, it may be worth your while comparing what it would cost for an Aurea booking vs the Fantastica (+ drinks package purchase) that you have booked. Often the price difference is insignificant, especially when you take into account the extras that Aurea gives you - access to thermal suite with one massage per person, priority boarding, anytime dining and access to a private sundeck. The drinks package will set you back $23 pppd (assuming you're on an 11 night itinerary) if you prebook, or €21 + 15% if booking onboard.

Check out any information on her sister ships Magnifica, Orchestra, Musica, too, to get an idea of the types of cabins, restaurants and lounges onboard - they're all very similar.

I concur with Bea. Our very first cruise was on Sinfonia, with fantastica experience, and I purchased a beverage package similar to what PJH is considering (the name has changed since, but it's pretty much the same).

The Following year, we were on Splendida, with an Aurea experience. As Bea points out, it is just a few dollars more, but the cost/benefit difference is remarkable.

Last year and this year, we are in YC. But, when we go back on an MSC ship with no YC, we will definitely opt for Aurea experience.

Thank you all. I will take a look at the Aurea experience and see what the difference may work out to. I think (not entirely sure) that it was about $500 more for an Aurea experience balcony than the Fantastica plus drink package for two. We do like anytime dining. I have never used spa facilities on a ship, but there can always be a first.

Thank you for the tips Cruzinbabe. I think we chose well for this cruise based upon what you shared. :-) We never bother with the shows or much entertainment on our caribbean cruises. I load a ton of books on my kindle and my husband will load a bunch of movies on his ipad. We are both fine with a cruise not catering to U.S. folks.

I noticed a lot of people from the U.S. complaining about food and lack of “service”. If you read a lot of reviews it seems like they were disappointed by not having staff act like the guests were best buddies. I am just fine with that! lol

My husband and I are very laid back when we travel and love new and different things. I appreciate all the information.

We'll be on Poesia in 4 weeks time, if there's anything specific you think you want to know. We'll be in an Aurea balcony cabin, so will have MyChoice dining.

Looking forward to a review then! :) My wife, son (1,5 years old) and myself is sailing on Poesia in September next year from Copenhagen to Genoa. (Actually, we will start the vacation with a "mini cruise" with DFDS Pearl Seaways from Oslo to Copenhagen the night before the cruise. )

TBH, I hadn't planned to do a review, RNC. It's an East Med itinerary which we've done a few times before, so probably won't be doing much in the ports. Also, it'll be coming to the end of its season, so not much - if any - interest in it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk