Jazz Cruise?

wwcruisers

wwcruisers - thank you for your condolences! I wish that Celebrity would adopt a policy that they will not accept charters after they begin to accept bookings from the public (and especially from loyal Captain's Club members).

There must be some kind of agreement with the charter company that they do not have to finalize the charter until the charter company goes through a pre-booking process to get some feel for being able to fill the ship. And I suppose the charter company does not want to do this more than 18-20 months in advance. Therefore, Celebrity accepts bookings knowing they will probably cancel the sailing (and screw up their most loyal cruisers' plans). I don't really understand this kind of business ethics.

Smooth Jazz Cruise 2018 Inside Cabin $ 2450 pp ,

Single Inside Cabin $ 3,650. Need I say more.

The Feb 10-17, 2018 Summit cruise has not yet been officially cancelled.

Thank you for your detailed information. $100 obc is certainly not much, especially considering the small list of included cruises and timeframe to choose a couple cruises. Or was that $100 obc per person as opposed to per cabin? I would like to see them match the per-diem price for an Aqua Class cabin that we got for the b2b Summit cruises, but I don't think that will happen. At this point, we are not inclined to go to SJ just to re-position to Ft. Lauderdale. It is a shame because the 11-night S. Caribbean itinerary was a good one; repositioning to Ft. Lauderdale would not be as desirable. We were on b2b2b Summit cruises in January to early February this year too. As you said, there were numerous b2bers.

Hopefully we will hear something from Celebrity soon, since prices will continue to climb on the winter 2018 cruises meanwhile, negating the measly $100 obc per cabin and tying up our deposits!

Edited by TourDeCruise
Added "deposits"

Thank you for your detailed information. $100 obc is certainly not much, especially considering the small list of included cruises and timeframe to choose a couple cruises. Or was that $100 obc per person as opposed to per cabin? I would like to see them match the per-diem price for an Aqua Class cabin that we got for the b2b Summit cruises, but I don't think that will happen. At this point, we are not inclined to go to SJ just to re-position to Ft. Lauderdale. It is a shame because the 11-night S. Caribbean itinerary was a good one; repositioning to Ft. Lauderdale would not be as desirable. We were on b2b2b Summit cruises in January to early February this year too. As you said, there were numerous b2bers.

Hopefully we will hear something from Celebrity soon, since prices will continue to climb on the winter 2018 cruises meanwhile, negating the measly $100 obc per cabin and tying up our deposits!

TourDeForce, I searched my old e-mails and found the info on the 2017 cancellations which, if reapplied to 2018, will give you an idea of what we will have to deal with this time. I see the official notification was not as early as I thought.

1. The official notice of cancellation was received by our TA on Nov 10, 2015 and the deadline to rebook was Nov 20, 2015.

2. The additional OBC for rebooking was $100 per cabin (or $200 for suites).

Here is the detail from the letter received by our TA on Nov 10,2015:

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Summit 7-Night Sailings 1/14/17 – 3/25/17 (SJU/SJU):

Re-book on select Celebrity sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Select Celebrity Sailings

Celebrity Silhouette: Any 7-Night Caribbean sailing from January 22, 2017 – March 26, 2017

Celebrity Reflection: Any 7-Night Caribbean sailing from January 21, 2017 – March 25, 2017

Receive $100 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $200 onboard credit for suites when you re-book any Celebrity sailing.

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only.

Air change fee reimbursement is not being offered.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel; however, they will not receive any of the above compensation.

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Summit 10/11-Night Sailings 1/21/17 and 1/31/17 (SJU/SJU):

Re-book on select Celebrity Equinox sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Select Celebrity Equinox Sailings

January 20, 2017

January 30, 2017

March 24, 2017

April 3, 2017

Receive $100 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $200 onboard credit for suites when you re-book any Celebrity sailing.

For named and deposited bookings only, travel agency’s commission will be protected when re-booking any Celebrity sailing. A $50 re-booking bonus commission per named and deposited stateroom will also be offered to Travel Partners when guests re-book one of the select sailings listed above.

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only.

Air change fee reimbursement is not being offered.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel; however, they will not receive any of the above compensation. Travel Agency’s commission will not be protected on cancelled bookings.

A special help desk has been established to assist you with moving your clients. The desk opened on Friday, November 6, 2015 and will remain open until Friday, November 20, 2015. All reservations that have not been updated by the specified closed date will be ineligible for the compensation offered.

Re-book on select Celebrity sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Thank you, Atwell. This is very helpful. I wonder if the "protected/lowest available rate" means that we could re-book an Aqua Class cabin at the same rate that we booked our Aqua Class cabin on the Summit cruises providing we re-book on one of the designated sailings? That would be good as the prices have probably gone up on those sailings and will continue to go up as this jazz charter is finalized and we would be protected at the lower price we booked for the Summit.

Thank you, Atwell. This is very helpful. I wonder if the "protected/lowest available rate" means that we could re-book an Aqua Class cabin at the same rate that we booked our Aqua Class cabin on the Summit cruises providing we re-book on one of the designated sailings? That would be good as the prices have probably gone up on those sailings and will continue to go up as this jazz charter is finalized and we would be protected at the lower price we booked for the Summit.

TourDeCruise - Yes, I think what you said is correct. The most confusing thing is the reference on the Smooth Jazz web site to Ft. Lauderdale which means multiple sailings will be affected not just Feb 10-17, 2018. I hope they don't wait until November to clear that up. I think we should be watching for other Summit charters to start appearing on-line during the same time frame as I would doubt they would switch ports for one charter. For 2017, the charters are a mix of Jazz cruises and Clothing Optional cruises so they are not totally dependent on the Jazz clientele for charters.

Actually, I would be surprised if they can still change ports in 2018 but maybe they can. I thought the ports had to be booked quite a long time in advance.

Meanwhile, rooms are being booked on the potential "designated sailings" that they might offer if we are cancelled, so our choices of rooms on those sailings are gradually disappearing.

Yes, there will be the risk of cabin availability as this prolongs. Assuming the January 30th cruise is not a charter but instead a change to a re-positioning cruise, do you think Celebrity would cancel us on the January 30th sailing too or just inform us that it has become a repositioning cruise from San Juan to Ft. Lauderdale? Of course this all depends on potential other charters and the potential for repositioning the ship, affecting many or all of these January through February sailings.

Yes, there will be the risk of cabin availability as this prolongs. Assuming the January 30th cruise is not a charter but instead a change to a re-positioning cruise, do you think Celebrity would cancel us on the January 30th sailing too or just inform us that it has become a repositioning cruise from San Juan to Ft. Lauderdale? Of course this all depends on potential other charters and the potential for repositioning the ship, affecting many or all of these January through February sailings.

Sorry, I have no idea but it seems like a lot of trouble for just one charter to do a repositioning. Therefore, I am thinking there is going to be more than one charter. If other charters, they could be something other than more Jazz cruises. In 2017, some of the Summit charters are "clothing optional" and "swinger" cruises.

Sorry, I have no idea but it seems like a lot of trouble for just one charter to do a repositioning. Therefore, I am thinking there is going to be more than one charter. If other charters, they could be something other than more Jazz cruises. In 2017, some of the Summit charters are "clothing optional" and "swinger" cruises.

Previously they had 2 cruises for Smooth Jazz as I understand. Current website also is showing 2 cruises and they are about a month apart.

• 4 weeks later...

We received the email today that our January 30th and February 10th 2018 B2B cruises are being canceled. You are right about multiple charters. Celebrity has canceled three of our cruises since July for cruises from Oct. 2017 to Feb. 2018 - an Equinox and the two Summit cruises.

Hope you find some good replacements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk