South Caribbean - Kids on Carnival

ireashmott

So we haven't cruised carnival in a long time (usually NCL) and this will be out first our first carnival cruise with kids. We're doing a southern Caribbean cruise on the fascination during March break.

The kids are young (6, 4, and 2). We're active travelers and the kids are up for fun. At the same time though, they are kids and so we try to avoid activities that are aimed at adult-time or quiet enjoyment.

Any suggestions for on and off the ship? I've already heard to register for the Seuss breakfast once on board.

Thank you!

Norwegian Jade - June 2017 - Norway (with a 5.5 yo, a 3.5 yo, and a 1 yo)

Norwegian Jewel - May 2014 - Alaska (with a 2.5 yo and an almost 1 yo)

Norwegian Jade - September 2009 - Mediterranean (pre-kids)

Carnival - April 2007 - Caribbean (pre-kids)

Pre-register online for Camp Ocean, and go that first night (may be different because of 10pm sailing). The kids will make friends and get a schedule of events.

Also, look for the Seuss-a-plooza parade and story time. My girls really enjoy tea time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pre-register online for Camp Ocean, and go that first night (may be different because of 10pm sailing). The kids will make friends and get a schedule of events.

Also, look for the Seuss-a-plooza parade and story time. My girls really enjoy tea time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

Norwegian Jade - June 2017 - Norway (with a 5.5 yo, a 3.5 yo, and a 1 yo)

Norwegian Jewel - May 2014 - Alaska (with a 2.5 yo and an almost 1 yo)

Norwegian Jade - September 2009 - Mediterranean (pre-kids)

Carnival - April 2007 - Caribbean (pre-kids)

We went at the end of 2016; our daughters were 3 and 11. We were on the Victory, so a lot was under construction - including the Kids Clubs. So they were all basically meeting in one room (an old club) before splitting up into the age groups, and even then, our girls LOVED it. They didn't want to leave. Our younger daughter still talks about it.

Your 2 year old can still go to Camp, but if they're in diapers or pull-ups they'll give you a phone and call you when a change is needed. We were spoiled by Disney's nursery from the last cruise, but it didn't turn into a huge hassle.

The Seuss Breakfast is SO much fun for the whole family. Ditto for the story time (my husband got picked to be the Cat in the Hat!) and parade.

Your 2 year old can still go to Camp, but if they're in diapers or pull-ups they'll give you a phone and call you when a change is needed. We were spoiled by Disney's nursery from the last cruise, but it didn't turn into a huge hassle. .

Copied from Carnival FAQ

Potty-Trained

Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to be part of Camp Ocean or take part of the babysitting services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1077/~/camp-ocean-under-2-children%3A-things-to-know-and-activities

Copied from Carnival FAQ

Potty-Trained

Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to be part of Camp Ocean or take part of the babysitting services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1077/~/camp-ocean-under-2-children%3A-things-to-know-and-activities

It could have been something exclusive to the Victory at the time, as I said it was under construction and the Camp was held in an old nightclub.