Carnival Vista: Family Harbour Suite or 2 Balconies?

ZeeWP

Hello! I don't think I have very many posts on CC, but I am a frequent lurker. I love cruising, but not able to do it much. I have sailed twice, Once for my honeymoon on the Carnival Splendor in Dec 2010. Then my sister and my 7-month-old went on RCCL's Freedom of the Seas Feb 2015.

Finally, we are booking a cruise on Carnival Vista Feb 2020. It will be me (36), DH (42), my sister (28), DD (5), DS (3 and a half). We are torn about what rooms to book.

Family Harbour Suite-- Cheaper option. Nice to be in one room together, plus all the FH perks. But I am reading a lot about noise complaints because these are just below the Galley. If we use Sound machines to sleep, will it still be pretty bad? We don't need complete silence by any means, but no sleep would make for a lousy vacation.

I am also concerned about the Cove Balcony. On Freedom, we had a deck seven regular balcony, and I LOVED it. I feel like the cove balcony would provide obstructed views when sitting and it would ruin the experience. Am I wrong? Do Coves still offer fantastic views?

Two balconies--No noise and would still have fantastic balcony views. About 700 dollars more expensive. We would lose out on the FH benefits. Also would need to get two separate FTTF. But if we decide to get cheers, My husband could dip out (he doesn't drink much and wouldn't be worth it for him) and stay in the one room with DS, and my sister and I can partake.

So we as a family are stumped. We want to get the Suites but don't want to feel like we got a poor deal for paying 700 less (which is a lot of money, but not much considering cruise vacation). Any help would be appreciated.

3 adults in one room is just too much let alone 2 females trying to get ready for dinner.

The galley runs 24/7 you get periodic carts rolling and the noise machine doesnt really work with those. BUT family delux rooms are under the dining room- not the galley and that area is carpeted so no noise issues

if you truly believe you can do a 7 day cruise in one room with 3 adults-- then try it.

We had the same dilemma and decided against the family Harbour cabin. Not only is there noise from the galley but lots of reviews had complaints of it being over run with kids and very noisy in that whole area. We ended up getting an Ocean view suite for our family of four. It has a much bigger room, a bigger balcony, and a whirlpool bathtub. Plus it includes priority boarding, priority debarkation, and one free bag of laundry. But given the options you laid out, my first choice would be the two balconies. My second choice would be the cove balcony. Hope this helps. :)

We are a family of 5, with a teenager the size of an adult. We contemplated a Family Harbor deluxe oceanview on the Panorama, but we ended up booking 2 connecting inside cabins. It was only $200 more to have privacy, extra space, and 2 full bathrooms. I considered a balcony and inside across from one another, but DH only wanted connecting cabins.

Having just sailed back in November in room 2416 I can comment on the cove and balcony. The view was great from this room. There was life boats to the left and right but did not obstruct the view. The noise was very little. Occasionally we would hear a little noise but nothing to keep me awake. The room is very spacious. You have 2 showers so the getting ready thing shouldn't be a factor. We are a family of 5 and while 3 are kids we have never an issue. And the Family Harbor is literally right across the hall from this room. Loved walking right across in the morning for my coffee and DD loves chocolate milk which she got all the time from there. And the forward elevators are right around the corner. We originally had booked ov as always but a week before sailing we got the offer to upgrade and took it. First ever in a balcony and leaving in less than 3 weeks on Miracle with a balcony and next year booked Magic in a balcony....sigh

We went with the two balconies. 11277 and 11281 connecting balconies where you can open up the divider :D so excited!

2 balconies. In addition to what everyone else pointed out, what are the chances there is not another child or man in your group by 2020?

You are funny :P Definitely no kids and my sister won't bring a man on board on this cruise --unless someone wins a million dollars.