Ports that you are aloud to take on your own luggage.

cruisers_2

I thought this would be interesting, we were told that you can carry on your luggage when we went to Tampa. When we got there they said no, only small bags.

Miami did let us bring on our own bags.

What other ports have you been to, that let you carry on your luggage?

Just thought it would be interesting.

I thought this would be interesting, we were told that you can carry on your luggage when we went to Tampa. When we got there they said no, only small bags.

Miami did let us bring on our own bags.

What other ports have you been to, that let you carry on your luggage?

Just thought it would be interesting.

At ANY port you can only carry on _carry-on-sized luggage that will fit thru the security scanners - anything larger you HAVE to check with the porters. ken

not trying to flame but I guess my thought would be why would u want to. if you board prior to rooms being ready u have to lug them around until they do. we are normally one of the early birds so we board long before the rooms are ready. It would be a pain taking my luggage to the buffet.

At ANY port you can only carry on _carry-on-sized luggage that will fit thru the security scanners - anything larger you HAVE to check with the porters. ken

Not true. In Tampa they will not. I saw quite a few people taking their luggage back to the porter. They would only accept the normal size carry-on bags. `

I have a cheap in between size, that almost fits into the basket. (half of the wheels extend out) .. its allowed in New Orleans twice now (though last time I was told I needed to check it, but carried it on.

Absolutely never allowed in Galveston it seems.

In Galveston the whole suitcase had to fit into the carry on measuring thingee.

I didnt think any ports allow large suitcases .. news to me that Miami allows this.

When we went to Miami we had no idea what we were doing, So we went straight to line up. The lady checking our passports said oh your carrying on your luggage, we went guess so. she said ok. It fit in the machine and away we went, maybe had to wait a hour for our room.

I have a cheap in between size, that almost fits into the basket. (half of the wheels extend out) .. its allowed in New Orleans twice now (though last time I was told I needed to check it, but carried it on.

I didnt think any ports allow large suitcases .. news to me that Miami allows this.

Thank you I was wondering how each port is different.

When we went to Miami we had no idea what we were doing, So we went straight to line up. The lady checking our passports said oh your carrying on your luggage, we went guess so. she said ok. It fit in the machine and away we went, maybe had to wait a hour for our room.

I am not sure (since I haven't been on a cruise yet), but I think I would rather keep my luggage with me....

Anyone evr had their luggage not arrive to their room?

Also, how do you know when your room is ready?

No, he is saying if it can fit in the scanner, they will accept it. Not in Tampa. They will not accept anything above the usual 21/22 inch cases. :)

Carry on sized luggage is sized to fit thru those scanners.......

Carry on sized luggage is sized to fit thru those scanners.......

But it states you can carry on 24" cases. In Tampa you can't. Please let it go. I was there, I saw what I saw. Are you married to this Ken person that you feel the need to protect him in some way? I have nothing against KEN, I was just making a statement. You people in here can drive me nuts!

That's the point - it was carry-on sized luggage.

No, he is saying if it can fit in the scanner, they will accept it. Not in Tampa. They will not accept anything above the usual 21/22 inch cases. :)

Carnival's standard size for carry-on matches the scanner size and and both are 16x24x(30) inches. We live and cruise out of Tampa and have no problems with 16" x 24" dimensions. We disagree. ken

But it states you can carry on 24" cases. In Tampa you can't. Please let it go. I was there, I saw what I saw. Are you married to this Ken person that you feel the need to protect him in some way? I have nothing against KEN, I was just making a statement. You people in here can drive me nuts!

Carnival is wrong then.........amazing how touchy some people are:rolleyes:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W x 30"L. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"W x 16"H x 30"L. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

Another thing.....you can overstuff a carry on and it will exceed the size limit........it happened to us before.....

I am not sure (since I haven't been on a cruise yet), but I think I would rather keep my luggage with me....

Anyone evr had their luggage not arrive to their room?

Also, how do you know when your room is ready?

You will like the Destiny, we have been on her twice,

I to like to keep my luggage with me, Only 1 of our cruises had someone things got lost, but not sure what they did to help out. We received a letter in our rooms asking everyone to check for a blue suitcase.

I hope you have a great cruise.

You will like the Destiny, we have been on her twice,

I to like to keep my luggage with me, Only 1 of our cruises had someone things got lost, but not sure what they did to help out. We received a letter in our rooms asking everyone to check for a blue suitcase.

I hope you have a great cruise.

Awe, Thanks Cruisers2... I am getting really excited now!

These forums are so wonderful to get information & hear experiences from people like yourself! Hopefully I will be a well prepared cruiser when I go!

(did you write a review or anything on your Destiny cruises? link?)

So, from your above comment, were you able to take your own luggage onboard with you? Did it fit the measurements as described above / carnival website? Thanks again :)

Awe, Thanks Cruisers2... I am getting really excited now!

These forums are so wonderful to get information & hear experiences from people like yourself! Hopefully I will be a well prepared cruiser when I go!

(did you write a review or anything on your Destiny cruises? link?)

So, from your above comment, were you able to take your own luggage onboard with you? Did it fit the measurements as described above / carnival website? Thanks again :)

No sorry i didn't write a review, but its funny cause we are planning on going back on her in April.

Oh ya I would just send my husband to the room to see if the room was ready, and I did just carry around our luggage well we got something to eat.. In Miami we did carry our stuff right on, had no problems , but in Tampa we had to leave them with the porters. but they were delivered shortly after we left port and out of 6 of us, 2 bags were opened. We also carry our bags off with us to.

Your on vacation, go with the flow, enjoy yourselves.

Not true. In Tampa they will not. I saw quite a few people taking their luggage back to the porter. They would only accept the normal size carry-on bags. `

Not true. The porters will tell you that the bag is too big because he wants to take it and get a tip. They have said that to us many times on bags we know fit. We just say sorry they do fit and we keep on going. Never had a problem. The people doing the scanning only care if it fits thru the scanner.

I've never in 40 cruises seen a rack to fit your suitcase in. They don't have to fit in overhead bins so what's the point. As long as it fits thru the scanner your okay.

Exactly. In Galveston, the lady said to me and I quote "It makes no difference if it fits thru the scanner" .. it has to fit in the basket or you cant carry it on.

.. same suitcase that iv carried on twice in New orleans...

So, Iv been told it makes no difference if it fits thru the xray machine or not.

I've never in 40 cruises seen a rack to fit your suitcase in. They don't have to fit in overhead bins so what's the point. As long as it fits thru the scanner your okay.

lol so the fact that I had to go back and check it or I wasnt allowed to continue in the terminal .. you say.. I made it up or what exactly are you saying, since I said they would not allow it.

I agree with you. It should matter if it fits thru the scanner, its not like it has to fit in a overhead bin ... try that argument if someone makes you go back and check a suitcase ... they dont listen .. they make up the rules they feel like.

Archived