Solarium Pool on Explorer?

Could you please let us know if the Solarium Pool on the EXPLORER is heated, and also are the Hot Tubs fresh water.........

Thank you for your help.

Never heard of a hot tub with salt water. The reg pool is not heated that I know of.

Could you please let us know if the Solarium Pool on the EXPLORER is heated, and also are the Hot Tubs fresh water.........

Thank you for your help.

I'm almost certain the hot tubs are salt water. The pool definitely is. I believe Princess is the only cruise line that has fresh water pools. Not sure if the Solarium pool is heated.

Never heard of a hot tub with salt water. The reg pool is not heated that I know of.

I had never heard of such a thing until I went on the Radiance in March. It surprised the heck out of me......seemed so odd. The saltwater swimming pools were a shock also.

Don't forget to check out the hot tub in the spa. Don't know if it is fresh water, but it might be.

It's enormous and underutilized. If the ship is rocking, the water goes back and forth with that motion. The locker rooms have a sauna and a steam room. Also larger showers and plenty of towels. I was there several times and was the only one in the hot tub and pretty much the only one in the locker room. It was like having a giant bathroom all to myself.

Every cruise we have been on the (outdoor) hot tubs were monopolized by kids. Dont get me wrong, I have two great ones myself, but there never, ever seemed a time that kids were not in them- during the day there are even toddlers in them with parents (each and every cruise we have been on). We just as well stay clear... :cool:

btw: by law they sanitize them every 24 hrs I think it is, so you will find one here and there possibly, 'closed'. Usually at night.

Archived