Bars in Brickell area

cangelmd

Cruising out of Miami in January and starting to get excited!

We are staying at the Brickell Hampton Inn, and right now planning to have dinner at Havana 1957. Looking for recommendations for a special bar that would be open early, say 4-5 pm, to begin the evening, upscale bar would be great, something special. I saw a review of a place called Sugar that looks perfect if it opens that early and if can get in, sounds like it is small and gets really busy.

Has anyone been there, or can give other recommendations? We would prefer to walk after a long day of flying to stretch our legs, but cab would be OK. Not interested in South Beach or Miami Beach, we have been there, my husband has never been to Miami proper.

Cruising out of Miami in January and starting to get excited!

We are staying at the Brickell Hampton Inn, and right now planning to have dinner at Havana 1957. Looking for recommendations for a special bar that would be open early, say 4-5 pm, to begin the evening, upscale bar would be great, something special. I saw a review of a place called Sugar that looks perfect if it opens that early and if can get in, sounds like it is small and gets really busy.

Has anyone been there, or can give other recommendations? We would prefer to walk after a long day of flying to stretch our legs, but cab would be OK. Not interested in South Beach or Miami Beach, we have been there, my husband has never been to Miami proper.

Sugar opens at 4:00 every day so will be open. It should not be crowded at that time. It gets really crowded much later on. The view here is beautiful as is the bar, but honestly it's just okay. Read some of the reviews. It's a few block away but is in the opposite directions of Havana 1957.

Also over at Brickell Citi Centre is a nice wine bar/restaurant called Big Easy Wine Bar & Grill. They have a patio outside as well as a large bar inside. Also have happy hour Monday-Friday. Not sure it's special but it is a nice bar.

Salt Bae just opened a new restaurant that has a lovely bar on Brickell. It is a hot spot at the moment. Nusr-et is the name of it.

Bazaar Mar by Jose Andres has a beautiful bar and is at the SLS which is on your way to dinner.

Edge Steakhouse in The Four Seasons on Brickell ave has a lovely bar. Also has a happy hour 7 days a week.

PM Steak and Fish which is around the corner from Havana 1957 also has a lovely bar and an outside patio bar.

Thanks great reply! This may be a dumb question because I’m tired, but what is SLS? Off to research.

It's a hotel/condo building here in Brickell. There is an SLS Hotel over on South Beach as well.

All of those bars I mentioned are all within a short walking distance of your hotel. (I live right on Brickell!)