Northern lights & Norway

I'm thinking of booking a P & O cruise going to look for the Northern Lights in Nov 2019.

In the itinerary info it says that "no snow-based excursions will operate on autumn sailings"

Is November considered to be autumn ?

Is there likely to be snow in November ? (This cruise goes to Tromso & Alta)

Will P & O possibly add snow-based activities to their itinerary at the last minute depending on weather conditions, by which point I may have booked other excursions ?

Does anyone have any information on similar cruises ?

Thanks

This is a Winter cruise.

You will have overnights in Tromso and Alta.

During the day get yourself husky sledding, Inuit visit and reindeer ride, skimobiles, ice hotel etc and they are all great. In the evening hope it is clear and watch the Northern lights.

We did this same trip in Feb 2017 and it was magnificent.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm thinking of booking a P & O cruise going to look for the Northern Lights in Nov 2019.

In the itinerary info it says that "no snow-based excursions will operate on autumn sailings"

Is November considered to be autumn ?

Is there likely to be snow in November ? (This cruise goes to Tromso & Alta)

Will P & O possibly add snow-based activities to their itinerary at the last minute depending on weather conditions, by which point I may have booked other excursions ?

Does anyone have any information on similar cruises ?

Thanks

We did this cruise last November and there was snow but not enough for Dog Sledding. However the good news is that Dog Carting is available and you get a similar experience. When we booked, P&O initially did not offer the chance to book a Dog Sledding or Dog Carting excursion so we booked are own excursion on line. The company is the same as P&O use and we were able to book a Dog Sledding or if insufficient snow a Dog Carting trip. We also booked a Hunting The Northern Lights Excursion on line, again with the same company P&O use. P&O did eventually offer excursions on board during our cruise but they were poor value compared to our on line booking. They were more expensive and you had less time Dog Carting. P&O do offer Dog Sledding and other snow based excursions for their February cruises as you are almost certain to have lots of snow then but November is a little early for sufficient snow for Sledding.

I would advise booking your own your excursions and do them in Alta. You will have more time there as there is little to do once you have walked around the main street in town.

You will have a fantastic time.:D