Sunset Veranda on Reflection

british betty

We have been deliberating and cogitating over which category cabin to take and have never been in an SV. I have been researching for days but could do with some inside information please.

I think SV6314 has a wider balcony than most but would prefer to be a bit higher so, is 8351 wider too? If I’m seeing correctly, it’s not as wide as 6314, but is it wider than the smaller ones. ?

Thanks if you can advise

We have been deliberating and cogitating over which category cabin to take and have never been in an SV. I have been researching for days but could do with some inside information please.

I think SV6314 has a wider balcony than most but would prefer to be a bit higher so, is 8351 wider too? If I’m seeing correctly, it’s not as wide as 6314, but is it wider than the smaller ones. ?

Thanks if you can advise

If you are all the way aft, we have sailed in the S1 aft cabins before, you get soot on certain days- you also, get noise from above, especially if under the bar. The S1s were also very sunny and it was impossible to enjoy breakfast or lunch on the balcony. IMO while the aft is pretty- stay midship with cabins above and below. Also noise from the anchors.

If you are all the way aft, we have sailed in the S1 aft cabins before, you get soot on certain days- you also, get noise from above, especially if under the bar. The S1s were also very sunny and it was impossible to enjoy breakfast or lunch on the balcony. IMO while the aft is pretty- stay midship with cabins above and below. Also noise from the anchors.

We are SO glad that people feel that way about the aft cabins ...... it lessens the competition, lol!

We feel exactly the opposite! Soot has never been a problem for us. We always have a couple of pool towels handy in our cabin to put on our chairs. Yes, occasionally there are a few specks, but never enough to make us even consider a different location. Although the S1s can be very sunny, they are not windy when underway! And of course, it depends on which way the ship is facing. On most days we've been able to find a bit of shade on our veranda if desired. No noise whatsoever unless perhaps in a cabin directly under the buffet seating areas. FWIW - the anchors are in the bow areas.

We have stayed in both a SVs and S1s on S class ships - our favorite! Be aware that the deck plans differ slightly so be sure to check cabin numbers carefully. When looking at the aft/stern of the ship, the fourth cabin from the right (starboard) is the widest.

I loves the SV cabins - never had a problem with soot or noise. We always could find some shade. When we stayed on the balcony cabins depending on where the sun was depended if you had shade or not so that didn't matter to us.