Royal Suite Perks - Reflection

Noreen411

Some great information here. Has anyone had 4 people share a royal suite? Are you able to split it to pairs and eat at different specialty restaurants for dinner or does the whole suite have to book a table together? We are planning to make reservations for the first three nights and decide on the rest on board. Anyone run in to problems with not being able to get reservations once you have set sail? Last I see upcharges for some menu items. What are the limits for dining without being charged extra? I am thinking of sushi on 5 and any other ala carte menus like the gastro pub. Are there extra costs to look out for with food and what are the beverage limits? There are some pricey ports at murano which I love but I’d rather get drinks that are included than pay more!

When the suite life was first introduced it was stated to have ‘unlimited’ laundry then the wording changed to ‘twice per cruise’. We asked our butler about it and he said there had been one or two RS/PH with extended families in non suite rooms who had been sending in literally the full family wash! The ‘twice per cruise’ was introduced to allow the butlers a polite way of saying ‘no more free’.....We don’t send in lots of stuff but certainly we do send in a bit of pressing first day and a couple of bags during the cruise. We have never been charged.

This was our laundry experience as well (we were in a RS). On a 15 night cruise I placed our Captains Club Elite Plus laundry coupons in the first bag of laundry we sent out. Our Butler got a good chuckle out of it when he told me the coupons were not necessary since we were in a RS. He said anything we wanted laundered was included in our accommodation.

Enjoy your cruise in a Royal Suite. We’re pretty much “do it yourself” kind of people, but it was a real treat to enjoy the pampering of the RS when we sailed after undergoing cancer surgery and radiation treatments. It was the best way to relax and recover and I’ll never forget how wonderfully our Steward, Butler, Michael’s Club Concierge and Luminae staff looked after us.

Some great information here. Has anyone had 4 people share a royal suite? Are you able to split it to pairs and eat at different specialty restaurants for dinner or does the whole suite have to book a table together? We are planning to make reservations for the first three nights and decide on the rest on board. Anyone run in to problems with not being able to get reservations once you have set sail? Last I see upcharges for some menu items. What are the limits for dining without being charged extra? I am thinking of sushi on 5 and any other ala carte menus like the gastro pub. Are there extra costs to look out for with food and what are the beverage limits? There are some pricey ports at murano which I love but I’d rather get drinks that are included than pay more!

We regularly cruise with three in a RS. No difficulties at all with you dining in different places....You do pay extra for the special steaks in Tuscan, unsure about Sushi and the Gastro Pub...

We have known suite guests being unable to get reservations in Murano’s for the last two evenings....We tend to provisionally do all our bookings via the butler day two of the cruise. We sometimes do change our minds but not often....we do ‘think’ through where we will eat and when...no point going to Murano’s after a long port day, Tuscan great to be in as you leave a port....

Re drinks, the ceiling price for you premium package for your cruise will be stated. I think it was $13 on our last cruise. In Murano’s they have one port within the price and another slightly higher, you simply pay the difference....if you decide to let your waiter choose your wines to match your food then just let him know your limits...simply ask him to keep within package, or within a dollar or two etc...They are used to this conversation. Michael’s have a few ports also. If you mention your favourite brand to the bar staff day one they will try to secure it for you if they have it on board....Last cruise they rounded up a specific sherry for me.

Enjoy your cruise in a Royal Suite. We’re pretty much “do it yourself” kind of people, but it was a real treat to enjoy the pampering of the RS when we sailed after undergoing cancer surgery and radiation treatments. It was the best way to relax and recover and I’ll never forget how wonderfully our Steward, Butler, Michael’s Club Concierge and Luminae staff looked after us.

Great way to recuperate! Hope your health is continuing to improve. I had a cruise last September in an orthopaedic boot following surgery. The thought of my upcoming cruise kept me going through painful days! Swimming in the Solarium pool was great physio and it was a good break for my husband to have someone else take over the cooking and cleaning! The funniest thing was just packing one trainer, one sandal, one dress shoe....

.........Michael’s have a few ports also. If you mention your favourite brand to the bar staff day one they will try to secure it for you if they have it on board.....

My favourite cocktail is an Agavoni which is a variant on the Negroni theme using tequila in place of gin. The bar lady in Michael's had been following my recipe to make these for me pre dinner and was showing the concierge. I added that at home I used a different make of vermouth which further improved the flavour. The next day when docked in Vigo in Spain I bumped into the concierge at a wine merchants where I overheard him asking if they had the particular vermouth. I must say I was impressed, even when he apologised that evening for failing to find it. So sometimes even if it is not on board they will try to find it :D

........... without being charged extra? I am thinking of sushi on 5 and any other ala carte menus ..........

When on Connie just after Sushi on 5 had opened we lunched there a number of time without charge :)