snow day leds to cruise looking

daniella1279

It's a snow day here in RI! DH knows that I want to take the sunshine next feb during school Vacation. So he was on the computer and say go ahead book it! OMG I don't know what to do! We will be on the Sensation in 2 weeks not sure if we should wait and book on board. Dh would like to book a aft balcony. There is only 4 for 4 people left! I like to book direct with carnival but with the gnome we would get $125 credit.

Decision! Decision

Danielle

It's a snow day here in RI! DH knows that I want to take the sunshine next feb during school Vacation. So he was on the computer and say go ahead book it! OMG I don't know what to do! We will be on the Sensation in 2 weeks not sure if we should wait and book on board. Dh would like to book a aft balcony. There is only 4 for 4 people left! I like to book direct with carnival but with the gnome we would get $125 credit.

Decision! Decision

Danielle

It is good that you are thinking that far ahead ,since I am from Ct ,I know school break in Feb is big in the N. E. Getting airfare early is a must I would book it as soon as possible you may get a decent fare but get travel insurance.

Gary

Decision! Decision

Danielle

I read this week that Carnival had a record number of new bookings in January. I wondered if all this horrible weather across the country lately hasn't caused a lot of people to want to get away, so they are booking cruises. I booked a cruise this week for late February, and it was totally out of the blue and unplanned like yours. I'm just sick of Winter! Lol. And there are some awesome rates out there right now.

I hope you have a great time on your unexpected cruise in 2 weeks. Be sure and come back and tell us how much fun you have. :-)

We got 6 inches of snow, followed by ice last night, I shoveled out my driveway and two days later side is still sore....yeah I booked a cruise for next month. All this snow definitely has to be good business for the cruise lines.

We do have cruise booked on the Sensation for 2/20 of this year but the cruise I am debating about is for next feb. I think I am going to break down and book today. since there is only 4 aft balconies left for 4 people. the gnome site is offering $125 in credit. I usually book with carnival. I think it's easier for price drop when book direct but the $125 sounds good.

Danielle

I am on my sixth snow/cold day since January 6th. The first couple I spent researching, the next few I booked on the Triumph for March 24th. Today's snow day I finalized airfare and other details. Eight inches of snow last night, blowing and drifting today, sub-zero wind chills tomorrow. Hope they don't call off school again tomorrow or we are going to go broke planning vacations to get out of the cold!:rolleyes:

We booked our July cruise on the first "cold" day my wife had off. I didn't go in so we talked about what cruise we should go on and 30 minutes later we booked.

I was reading earlier about how Carnival had the most bookings ever last month. Gee, I wonder if the weather had anything to do with that.

I am on my sixth snow/cold day since January 6th. The first couple I spent researching, the next few I booked on the Triumph for March 24th. Today's snow day I finalized airfare and other details. Eight inches of snow last night, blowing and drifting today, sub-zero wind chills tomorrow. Hope they don't call off school again tomorrow or we are going to go broke planning vacations to get out of the cold!:rolleyes:

LOL to funny! Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We booked our July cruise on the first "cold" day my wife had off. I didn't go in so we talked about what cruise we should go on and 30 minutes later we booked.

I was reading earlier about how Carnival had the most bookings ever last month. Gee, I wonder if the weather had anything to do with that.

The cold weather very well

Might have made people book. Seems like the whole

Country has been cold for weeks now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read this week that Carnival had a record number of new bookings in January. I wondered if all this horrible weather across the country lately hasn't caused a lot of people to want to get away, so they are booking cruises. I booked a cruise this week for late February, and it was totally out of the blue and unplanned like yours. I'm just sick of Winter! Lol. And there are some awesome rates out there right now.

I hope you have a great time on your unexpected cruise in 2 weeks. Be sure and come back and tell us how much fun you have. :-)

I live in Sunny Arizona so the weather isn't really an issue. What gets us stirring is the offers I receive for a 45% reduced price from the Carnival Players club. It isn't really all that so to speak as this is for a room I wouldn't wan,t so of course I pay for the upgrades. They know us well and know our history and know we will do this. They know we won't settle for an interior room. We still get a bit of a discount though not the one that's advertised.

So they are playing us, and we play along. Who cares, we have a B2B booked with a few dollars saved than booking it outright. They get the booking, we get our coveted vacation we would have booked anyway, but maybe not so far in advance. Everyone wins!

Super thread..my family bought me a snowblower..sigh and the roof keeps making those below zero cracks..I don't want to run that loud thing...so far they do it those blizzard days and I do it on 3 inch days...I have been addicted to mock bookings..trying to wait for a biggie next October but.....LOL...

Edited by sjn911