Allure--Boardwalk or Central Park Balcony quieter?

toothfary7

I would like to book a balcony for my daughter's family on the same deck we're booked on (deck 11--Allure). She will be traveling with a 3yo and 1yo. She would like to sit on the balcony while they are sleeping and just crack the door so she can hear them. Would you recommend a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony. Is one quieter than the other? I know the Boardwalk maybe busier, but looks like the pools are more above Central Park and not sure if the noise travels down during the day? Would appreciate any opinions of both daytime and evening noise for both locations. Thanks!!

I would like to book a balcony for my daughter's family on the same deck we're booked on (deck 11--Allure). She will be traveling with a 3yo and 1yo. She would like to sit on the balcony while they are sleeping and just crack the door so she can hear them. Would you recommend a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony. Is one quieter than the other? I know the Boardwalk maybe busier, but looks like the pools are more above Central Park and not sure if the noise travels down during the day? Would appreciate any opinions of both daytime and evening noise for both locations. Thanks!!

Hi, we had six CP cabins 12231, 233, 235, 237, 251, 253 - which are located mid aft. None of us mentioned any excessive noise. There is no deck 13 so you are two decks from the pool.

Another vote for Central Park in terms of overall quietness, but have not stayed that high. Be aware that leaving the balcony door open, even just a crack, may interfere with the cabin air conditioning. Cabin might become very stuffy and with four people staying in there that might be a problem. You would also need to book a cabin that can accommodate four - even if two are children. A baby monitor might be a much better idea than leaving door open.

Thanks all. A baby monitor is a great idea. Now another concern I have is the rooms available on our floor that can accommodate the kids are all connecting rooms. I have concerns about extra noise from the other room as well as the kids also disturbing their neighbors. This whole process of booking is getting old quickly. Besides trying to figure out a good cabin, the cost is getting out of hand. The kids will be charged same as adults as well as same gratuities. Not easy for young families and grams can only help out so much!

Are you working with a travel agent? Sounds like you might need professional advice. Some people say connecting cabins are noisier, but I have never really had that problem.

As far as prices, occasionally there are specials where kids sail free, or similar, but not always. Otherwise the kids are billed as a second or third person in a room. You have to think in terms of passengers rather than adults/children. That's why it helps to price out different categories of staterooms. Example: You might find putting two passengers in a balcony cabin and two in an interior to be cheaper than four people in a balcony.

Gratuities are charged/billed for everyone. Again, think of passenger rather than adult/child. Gratuities can be a very controversial topic on CC so be warned!

Not sure what type of sleeping arrangements you are planning. If you need a pack and play you will need to request, otherwise kids will probably have to sleep together on a sofa bed. They do not offer full size cribs.

Do NOT book the boardwalk and expect to leave the door open while someone sleeps. They often did practices for the aquatheatre shows while my daughter napped. Very cool to watch but even with the door fully closed it was LOUD inside. We brought our video baby monitor. We couldn't hear the monitor on the balcony (boardwalk noise drowned out monitor on full volume) but we could see her on the video. Our daughter is nearly and very well trained to not get out of bed until we come. My fear is she will wake, panic that we are not there, forget we are on the balcony and go out into the hall to find us. Then the door will lock as it closes behind her and we'd be reading away on the balcony while she is in the hall freaking out. Again it is not something our daughter has ever done, or that would likely ever happen but it did concern me enough to bring the monitor so I could relax and have a visual on her as she slept inside.

My biggest tip would be to bring a white noise machine for in the room (no matter what room)! It helps drown out noises both day and night :-) Though, the boardwalk noises during a show completely drowned out our noise machine on full volume (first time we've ever had it on full volume).