HMC Cabana and another excursion ???

PMD1215

New member, so please excuse me if this has been asked before. My family will be cruising to HMC this July. I have heard nothing but good things about getting a Cabana, especially in the July heat. I also wanted to do the sting ray excursion on HMC too, as it is much cheaper than at Nassau. I read that the stingray excursion really doesn’t last long, like maybe an hour. Is it a waste to do both? Can you do both? If I had to pick, I think the cabana is higher priority with 2 teens and the mrs.

Also, I want to thank this site for suggesting the aarp gift cards! The savings is basically giving me a free cabana!

And a free cabana is the best kind!

If your visit to HMC is decently long, I'd say do the stingray excursion and also get the cabana.

If it's short (say, 5 or 6 hours) it would be less of a no-brainer since you'd have less time to enjoy your cabana.

In any event, book the cabana now. They almost always sell out in advance and you can always cancel it later for refund........but you probably won't. I've had one at HMC twice and it was awesome.

Definitely get a cabana. There are only 13 of them (or 12?) so they sell out super fast. Once you embark go straight to guest services and request the highest number so you can be away from all of the crowd and have a nice relaxing day on the beach. Me personally I'd skip the excursion and relax on the beach at the cabana but do what makes you happy. Also keep in mind if you're there until 5, they will come by around 3:30-4:00 and start cleaning up.

We did a cabana and the stingray excursion a few years back. I booked the sting rays for the latest in the day so we spent the day at the beach / cabana, then finished withhe stingrays before heading back. If I were to do it again, I would probably try to find a better time for the sting rays. After having groups of people before us, they were no longer hungry. So it took a while for the guides to get them to eat from our hands.

I'd go with the Cabana and book it now. When you get on ship head right to the excursion desk where you select your Cabana. The lower number Cabana's have a busier beach in front of them as they are closer to the tender dock. The further you are down the beach, the less crowded it gets. We picked Cabana #11 which provided both sun and shade (my wife likes sun and I like shade). You will love it!

I have reserved a cabana, and will go pick one as soon as I get on the ship. With FTTF, hopefully I can get on quickly and get a decent cabana. I think we will shoot for middle of the pack, not too close nor too far away either. I also have the sting ray excursion scheduled for 10am. I assume we just need to be back by the tender to catch the shuttle to the stingrays a little before 10am.