Specialty Dining - prepay during online check-in or reserve on ship?

FREEDOM OF THE SEAS:

Is it best to reserve and pay in advance for any Specialty Dining or wait until you board and reserve then?

If we reserve and pay in advance through online check in, is the reservation added to our "sea pass" or something? (confused about all this dining)

The service charge or whatever they call it, what does that include (appetizer, entrée, dessert -OR- just an entrée? ) I can't find anything about what you can order that is 'included' in this $20-$35 per person charge.

Thanks in advance! Still trying to gather all the necessary info from those who have actually experienced cruising. Getting excited :)

For those restaurants that have a fixed fee, you are entitled to one entree, multiple appetizers, and dessert. Not sure if the fee includes multiple desserts. If you want another entree, there will be an extra charge. At Chops, there are also extra charges for certain entree selections.

I'd wait until you board. I've gotten some good deals by waiting. On Grandeur, we got a wonderful buffet at Isumi's and 20% discount on the other two. But they charged us for all but Isumi's the first night. Also, no reminders. So, be sure to write it in your calendar.

Also, if you prepay half, and wait for half onboard, they probably won't give you the buy 3 get OBC rebate.

Edited by knittinggirl