Marina questions

otto68

Hi! We'll be on Marina in late August and I would like to know from someone who recently landed, who Capitain is, news about evening shows and if there are any complimentary fitness classes ( Oceania site talks about new many fitness complimentary classes but I think that not all of them are present on every ship...)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks anyway, everything will be a surprise, then...

I’ll be on Insignia in a few days and check what that ship has for free. The gym is usually the first thing we visit. Offerings on the ships are similar. The website seems to indicate that most of the usual classes that were offered in the past are now free. I know spin was always offered a few times each cruise.

Given that the classes were underutilized, it’s probably a good idea to make them free. They couldn’t have earned much money from them. The perceived added value of the classes being free is probably a better strategy and might result in more utilization of the fitness room adjacent to the gym.

Seems the Yoga, pilates & indoor cycling no longer have a fee attached

The stretch & walking class is still free

We had Captain Leo Strazcici in July

Peter Roberts was the CD

GM is off for a few months so not sure who took over for Dominique

• 2 weeks later...
There's fitness classes onboard? :cool:

Can't help you there.

You wouldn’t think there were if this Insignia Cruise were an indication. :D We’re into Day 7 and no spin or boot camp offered yet. Fitness guy seems to only want to sell the snake oil detox programs.

No problem...I’ve managed to copy some Peloton classes to my iPad and just use one of the spin bikes that forlornly sit unused. Even though they have no electronic read outs, they are pretty decent bikes and better than the ones I remember from past cruises.

You wouldn’t think there were if this Insignia Cruise were an indication. :D We’re into Day 7 and no spin or boot camp offered yet. Fitness guy seems to only want to sell the snake oil detox programs.

No problem...I’ve managed to copy some Peloton classes to my iPad and just use one of the spin bikes that forlornly sit unused. Even though they have no electronic read outs, they are pretty decent bikes and better than the ones I remember from past cruises.

Are there elliptical exercise machines on board? (also, on Riviera?)

Thanks!

GC