Amtrak to NYC cruise port what times

bdisney

I am going on carnival horizon in June. It leaves from NYC. The earliest train has me getting to Penn station at 10:00am. I think that should be fine right? Is it easy to find my way around and a cab? I have to book my return train tickets. What time would be good to leave Penn station on debarkation day? And is it easy to get a cab back to Penn station when I get off the cruise?

When you return, if there are no snafus and you do the self walk off you probably could take a train earlier than noon, but 'd do no earlier than 10, If all went completely smoothly, if you were off the ship and out of the terminal by 7:30 you probably could be at Penn by 8, but just in case, I'd not plan a train earlier than 10AM. Don't know exactly how Amtrack works it, but if you did have a reservation for say, a 10AM train and you missed it, is there a penalty/fee etc to take a later one?

When you return, if there are no snafus and you do the self walk off you probably could take a train earlier than noon, but 'd do no earlier than 10, If all went completely smoothly, if you were off the ship and out of the terminal by 7:30 you probably could be at Penn by 8, but just in case, I'd not plan a train earlier than 10AM. Don't know exactly how Amtrack works it, but if you did have a reservation for say, a 10AM train and you missed it, is there a penalty/fee etc to take a later one?

Depends on the ticket rules, but you generally have to cancel the reservation prior to departure of the train, and your new train would be at the prevailing rate; they don't do same day even exchanges. That's the risk with booking too early a train...

Depends also where you are coming from ? Problem with Amtrak, when they are late- they seem to get later. :) Yes there are cab lines.

On the return, there can be very long waits, over an hour sometimes. Usually huge lines waiting for cabs at the port. Cab line is across the street. I never take cabs and simply just take the 42 bus. I also enjoy walking, just my style.