La Bombonera is back

jcool

I'm trying to figure out how we'll fit it all in...

Arrive at SJU on Friday at 11:30 and head to La Concha, hang out by the pool or on the beach, find somewhere to get local food for dinner in the Condado area, check out their Halloween party on Friday night, get up Saturday and find a local breakfast, check out of the hotel and check in at the port, drop bags in cabin, grab a light lunch on board, head out for sightseeing, find time to eat at both Cafe Mallorca and the Parrot Club, pick up more wine, go back to the ship, go back out and visit Punto de Vista (2-for-1 mojitos) and get back to the ship for dinner in the steakhouse at 6:30.

Whew! And that's all before we set sail! I can't wait! :D

Just discovered that Punto de Vista has moved from the waterfront across from the pier to the top of the Hotel Milano. Must make sure my map is updated!

Wow .... :D All the more power to you to be able to eat in all those places in such a short time. :) Parrot Club food is hardly 'light fare'. Lunch on the ship and again Café Mallorca and THEN the steakhouse at 6:30???

Yikes! :D

Edited by sail7seas

We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan 9/28 and the front desk clerk pointed me in the right direction for Cafteria Mallorca. It wasn't far, but we got a little lost and asked for directions again. Trip Adviser was showing it was closed, but we walked there and found it open and busy with customers. It was around 8:30 am.

We sat at the counter and enjoyed trying the mallorcas and fresh orange juice. It was less that $15 for the two of us.

• 4 months later...
f57f617f29c152c9698c7658d3607399.jpg

I was there a few weeks ago. It doesn't look like it will open anytime soon....

This makes me sad. This place oozed culture. It was great to sit with the locals and have an amazing coffee and a Mallorca. Hopefully they can reopen at some point. It would be a great loss.:(:mad:

• 1 year later...
La Bombonera officially reopens on Friday, May 13. Hours: 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.

Fantastic! I was in San Juan back in September for a couple days and the other breakfast restaurant people talk about was not very good at all. I definitely missed La Bombonera!