Changes to the Solo Program Onboard?

purpletequila

The reason I keep coming back to NCL as a solo,cruiser is in part to the studios and the solo cruise coordinator. They are clearly not all created equal and it would be great if there was some continuity across all ships but NCL markets itself as a great option for solos and it would be great if there would at least be a minimum expectation and some sort of training across the board.

I was on the Getaway in May and the solo host was fantastic. For all but the first and one other night, he made group arrangements for us for the shows and dinners. It ended up being a huge fun rowdy group. So I hope they don't do away with it. It was the best part of the cruise.

Just got off the Epic and while I didn't join in, the solo host was fabulous. He had a week long itinerary laid out with a different dinner gathering each night in a free restaurant, an activity held by the ship, and then an entertainment option, 1 early and 1 late so you could be occupied with other solos from 5pm to midnight.

For example: happy hour in the Solo Lounge at 5, dinner in O'Sheehan's at 6:15, bowling in Bliss, the show in the theater and then a late night entertainment.

Wow, this sounds amazing. What was the age range (youngest-oldest) of the solo group, based on your perception?

Also, what was this solo host's name? I'm going on the Epic this year and hope I get him!

In my experience, at least some of the ships rotate the solo hosts each week. So, like anything else, it may be somewhat up to chance. Ive had some great ones, and some not great ones. The smart thing to do is to find a couple people the first night that if you see again around the ship you can hang with if you want dinner, etc.

Wow, this sounds amazing. What was the age range (youngest-oldest) of the solo group, based on your perception?

Also, what was this solo host's name? I'm going on the Epic this year and hope I get him!

When I’ve done epic the solo age range has been anything from 18’s right through to 60’s and 70’s...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the Epic and while I didn't join in, the solo host was fabulous. He had a week long itinerary laid out with a different dinner gathering each night in a free restaurant, an activity held by the ship, and then an entertainment option, 1 early and 1 late so you could be occupied with other solos from 5pm to midnight.

For example: happy hour in the Solo Lounge at 5, dinner in O'Sheehan's at 6:15, bowling in Bliss, the show in the theater and then a late night entertainment.

I was in the Epic a month ago and I was just going to type something similar.

As for the age ranges, I’ve done 7 solo cruises on NCL, and ages range from 20s to 70s+ with most in the 40-60 range. M

I tend to not participate in the solo activities as much because the meeting time and dinners are just too early for me. I do go the first night and meet people and tend to connect throughout the week on our own, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think there may be a difference in expectations for the crew member if they're on a ship with solo cabins and a solo lounge, vs. a ship in which there are solo "meet & greets". There should be more true hosting and coordination of activities if there's a solo lounge setup.

Almost everyone in the solo cabins last week was traveling with a larger group so not many showed up; the first night which is very hectic. I do think however that 1. they don't overly promote it and 2. 5pm is way too early; especially if you're in port.