Woman's electric shaver

crzycick

I don't think there is any electric that will do as good a job as a non-electric, and there is no razor that will do as good a job as a wax.

I hope someone has a better suggestion--good luck!

I can't afford to wax and unfortunately shaving always leaves my legs burning no matter what kind of shaving cream or product I use. And products like Nair don't work PLUS burned 2 holes in my skin. I finally got frustrated with how much a razor hurts me and decided that while not the smoothest, an electric would at least be more comfortable. Honestly with my hair growth I'm prickly right after getting out of the shower anyway!

The last one I bought, it wasn't that I had stubble but it wouldn't cut a lot of the hair no matter how many times I went over my skin. And what it did cut was really long, like 3 days normal growth for me (and my hair grows fast!).

I was too impatient to read reviews on Amazon and then wait for a razor so I picked up a cheapo $20 one at Target that I was convinced would be terrible. It did a pretty good job especially for the price! I would like a better one some day but I'm pretty satisfied so far and even better, no burning legs!

I have a PHilips Ladyshave that is great. Ive had it more then 20years though. My Mum has a newer version. It's battery operated and you can use it in the shower or dry. With settings for both legs and underarms. And a clipper like blade as well as a foil.

Waxing does last longer if you skian can handle it. For a cruise I would save and get a wax about 3-5 days before then take the shaver just to tidy if it grows back before the end.

I can't afford to wax and unfortunately shaving always leaves my legs burning no matter what kind of shaving cream or product I use. And products like Nair don't work PLUS burned 2 holes in my skin. I finally got frustrated with how much a razor hurts me and decided that while not the smoothest, an electric would at least be more comfortable. Honestly with my hair growth I'm prickly right after getting out of the shower anyway!

The last one I bought, it wasn't that I had stubble but it wouldn't cut a lot of the hair no matter how many times I went over my skin. And what it did cut was really long, like 3 days normal growth for me (and my hair grows fast!).

I was too impatient to read reviews on Amazon and then wait for a razor so I picked up a cheapo $20 one at Target that I was convinced would be terrible. It did a pretty good job especially for the price! I would like a better one some day but I'm pretty satisfied so far and even better, no burning legs!

I'm truly not trying to be rude, but if your hair is growing that thick and fast, have you spoken to your doctor? They might want you to get your thyroid and hormone levels checked. You might be fine, but excessive hair growth can be a symptom of an underlying condition that can cause a whole host of health problems if left undetected. Better to be safe than sorry!

In the mean time, I'd suggest saving your pennies and investing in laser hair removal. It's not inexpensive, but it is a permanent solution. I'm in the process of getting my brows, upper lip, legs, and bikini line all taken care of. In the long run it's cheaper than all the money you spend on other forms of hair removal over the years.

I'm truly not trying to be rude, but if your hair is growing that thick and fast, have you spoken to your doctor? They might want you to get your thyroid and hormone levels checked. You might be fine, but excessive hair growth can be a symptom of an underlying condition that can cause a whole host of health problems if left undetected. Better to be safe than sorry!

In the mean time, I'd suggest saving your pennies and investing in laser hair removal. It's not inexpensive, but it is a permanent solution. I'm in the process of getting my brows, upper lip, legs, and bikini line all taken care of. In the long run it's cheaper than all the money you spend on other forms of hair removal over the years.

Not rude at all! And I appreciate you looking out for my health. I never about it, if it was the reason for my dark, coarse, fast growing leg and pit hair, but I do have PCOS with high testosterone which is responsible for extra male like hair. I have a "mustache" which thankfully is lighter and finer than my other body hair but still noticeable. I do wax or thread that. I have a really dark "happy trail" that I've been shaving since high school. I also have more upper leg hair than most woman, TMI, but extended bikini line hair and dark thigh hair when most women have lighter thigh hair. The doctors haven't mentioned there being anything I can do except of course grooming it myself.

We have a really limited income. When my husband gets out of the military hopefully he'll make more money so I can look into things like lazer removal.

Oh, and as for waxing. Aside from the pain and price, it didn't work well on me the time I tried it. I don't know if it's normal or not, but I still had lots of pricklies when it was done. What I discovered was that some of my hair (the hair that can grow longer) has longer roots which pull out fine and others are super short, both above and below the skin. I don't really know how to explain it but when plucking those hairs, there was almost nothing below the skin and they have a white ball at the end, they don't grow long either, even when the rest of the hair grows. All of the pricklies were the little short root ones.

Archived