Blue Mountains day trip - Jan 28th or 29th?

Some local knowledge may help us make the right decision on which day to schedule our Blue Mountains visit. We're in Sydney from 26th to 30th Jan (boarding on 30th).

We had originally planned to go to the Blue Mountains on 28th Jan, but having realised that this is a public holiday we are dithering on whether it would be better to change to the 29th. Our rationale is that a natural environment is better enjoyed with fewer people around (not expecting peace and quiet as it is summer).

For what it's worth, our original plans for the 29th aren't fixed, we have a list of things to do in Sydney which will get ticked off according to the weather, our energy levels and moods as we go.

What do you think? Is it likely that there will be noticeably fewer visitors on the 29th, or should we just leave things as they are?

Thank you.

Some local knowledge may help us make the right decision on which day to schedule our Blue Mountains visit. We're in Sydney from 26th to 30th Jan (boarding on 30th).

We had originally planned to go to the Blue Mountains on 28th Jan, but having realised that this is a public holiday we are dithering on whether it would be better to change to the 29th. Our rationale is that a natural environment is better enjoyed with fewer people around (not expecting peace and quiet as it is summer).

For what it's worth, our original plans for the 29th aren't fixed, we have a list of things to do in Sydney which will get ticked off according to the weather, our energy levels and moods as we go.

What do you think? Is it likely that there will be noticeably fewer visitors on the 29th, or should we just leave things as they are?

Thank you.

All else be8ng equal leave it til the 29th.

29th would be better but if you haven't got anything booked I would keep an eye on the weather forecast as you approach that date. If it looks like it'll be fine on the 28th and raining on the 29th, then I would probably go on the 28th. School term for most schools will start on the 29th so that's a good day to do it.

29th would be better but if you haven't got anything booked I would keep an eye on the weather forecast as you approach that date. If it looks like it'll be fine on the 28th and raining on the 29th, then I would probably go on the 28th. School term for most schools will start on the 29th so that's a good day to do it.

First day of school term is often pupil free, teachers only.

First day of school term is often pupil free, teachers only.

You're absolutely right - I'm married to a teacher so I always regard that first day as the start of the term anyway :)

So I guess it's really much of a muchness. It won't be as clear as, say, the Wednesday will be, but it will still be Not A Public Holiday.

Personally I'd wait and see what the weather is doing. If the forecast indicates not much difference, I'd go for the 29th.