Tell me all about the VALOR...

DnR

Did I make a mistake? We are booked in a suite for the Valor out of San Juan on March 31st.

I know that it is a smaller boat, with no 2.0 upgrades (which I didn't know when I booked) and I am hoping that I won't be disappointed. We are doing a port intensive itinerary (southern caribbean - Barbados, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten) and loved the ports, which is why I chose it in the first place.

Tell me your experiences and suggestions for ports.

Did I make a mistake? We are booked in a suite for the Valor out of San Juan on March 31st.

I know that it is a smaller boat, with no 2.0 upgrades (which I didn't know when I booked) and I am hoping that I won't be disappointed. We are doing a port intensive itinerary (southern caribbean - Barbados, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten) and loved the ports, which is why I chose it in the first place.

Loved the Valor you won't be disappointed... search the port of calls boards regarding your excursions... you will find lots of great info there.. go enjoy the 2.0 doesn't make the ship and it is not a smaller boat the Conquest class are a fair size!!

Though not or favorite, we have been on the Valor 3 times. We didn't sail out of San Juan though so don't know which ports you are going to. We liked the Valor for the friendliness of it's crew and service. I seriously doubt you will be dissapointed.

Our favorite is the Legend for the same reasons listed above. Though we have been on the Liberty with it's 2.0 upgrades and enjoyed Guy's burgers and the blue Iguana buritto bar, we found the ship more impersonal so the trade off to us was not worth the upgrades.

Give us a happy and friendly crew any day and it beats any other amenities that can be provided.

I just cruised Valor/Glory B2B the first 2 weeks of Dec. I'm glad I experienced the 2.0 upgrades on Glory after Valor. The biggest difference to me was the extra options for lunch with Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iquana Cantina. You'll be fine on a Southern itinerary with 5 ports because you probably won't even be eating lunch on the ship. The fish-n-chips and B.I. Cantina are only open very limited hours. Guy's burgers were great at times but hit-or-miss whether they over-cooked the burgers giving you that black, charred crust.

Loved the Valor you won't be disappointed... search the port of calls boards regarding your excursions... you will find lots of great info there.. go enjoy the 2.0 doesn't make the ship and it is not a smaller boat the Conquest class are a fair size!!

A friend was on the valor recently and said it was showing wear and tear but maybe it was because his previous cruise was on the Oasis, and thats a big mismatch.

I loved Valor, it was my best cruise so far. It does not have 2.0 upgrades. I would not consider it a "smaller" ship though, its a Conquest class so it is comparable to Glory, Conquest and Freedom, minus the 2.0 upgrades. (think I saw those in your signature- sorry if I am mistaken). I like the Conquest class, its big enough for me.

I would sail on Valor again. I had no complaints about it. Also, since you are on a port intensive itinerary, you will probably be in port alot anyway, if you are too concerned.

we just got off the valor from a december caribbean cruise and had a great time.

The staff, food and decor were all excellent however we HATED the ships layout. Going from one end of the ship to the other always required us going up and down a floor. Either we missed some pathways or its just poorly designed but getting anywhere was a hassle until we had a better understanding of the layout.

Would cruise again tho, while its far from my favorite ship its flaws werent enough to turn us off of it.

Archived