Child and Teen Pricing at Pinnacle Grill

tasha99

I remember reading somewhere that kids 13-17 were half price at the Pinnacle Grill. I booked dinners for my son and me online (one regular and one Le Cirque), and they were full price. Is it true that kids are free and teens pay half? If so, how would I go about getting the price adjusted?

It would be nice if he were really cheaper, but it doesn't seem logical to me--he will eat a full portion, I guarantee it. If you're allowed seconds, I almost think teenage boys should have to pay a surcharge; he is eating me out of house and home. ;)

This is the only thread I could find on children's prices:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844024&highlight=children+in+the+pinnacle

Under 12 -- free.

13 - 17 -- pay 1/2.

Once you are on the ship and are at the Pinnacle, and the manager sees your child is a teenager, then ask for his meal to be reduced. The money saved will be put on your shipboard account as a credit.

I remember reading somewhere that kids 13-17 were half price at the Pinnacle Grill. I booked dinners for my son and me online (one regular and one Le Cirque), and they were full price. Is it true that kids are free and teens pay half? If so, how would I go about getting the price adjusted?

It would be nice if he were really cheaper, but it doesn't seem logical to me--he will eat a full portion, I guarantee it. If you're allowed seconds, I almost think teenage boys should have to pay a surcharge; he is eating me out of house and home. ;)

Could the dinners be full price because it was Le Cirque night? I don't remember the Le Cirque being a different price for anyone, I could be mistaken.

Could the dinners be full price because it was Le Cirque night? I don't remember the Le Cirque being a different price for anyone, I could be mistaken.

we were advised to not make reservations for the kids online. Book myself only & then let them know once on board that there were 4 not 1. However, if Le Cirque night to proceed with online booking for all 4 of us as they were full price.

My only concern was are they going to be able to accommodate changing reservation from 1 to 4 if they are fully booked. HAL 800 # said yes & dont worry about it. Just book 1 and call once on board & it wont be a problem

what about child prices in Tamarind & Canaletto? does anybody know this?

Same deal with Tamarind; not sure about Canaletto. We have two daughters, 15 and 14, and we've been sailing with them since 2006. We've enjoyed many meals in both the Pinancle and Tamarind that were either either free for them (when they were 12 and under) or half price (now that they are between 13 and 17).

If you make an online reservation, you will pay the full price now, but they will credit it back to you during the cruise, along with any Mariner discount for which you may be eligible. Sometimes they will do it automatically, and sometimes you have to nudge once, twice, three times, etc.

Same deal with Tamarind; not sure about Canaletto. We have two daughters, 15 and 14, and we've been sailing with them since 2006. We've enjoyed many meals in both the Pinancle and Tamarind that were either either free for them (when they were 12 and under) or half price (now that they are between 13 and 17).

If you make an online reservation, you will pay the full price now, but they will credit it back to you during the cruise, along with any Mariner discount for which you may be eligible. Sometimes they will do it automatically, and sometimes you have to nudge once, twice, three times, etc.

Thank you for this (and to all who gave me advice). I will ask when I get onboard.

(kidding - sort of) I would think that for a teenage boy the price should be double, not reduced, considering what they can do to parents food costs when home.

That's what I say! I don't in any way think teens deserve half price meals, but if that's what they cost, I want mine to get the discount. I think it's extremely generous of HAL to do something like that. Unlike a child's portion, a teen is really an adult eater from a restaurant's cost perspective. My son can eat an entire large pizza by himself--like many teenage boys, he's not exactly a picky or dainty eater.

Thank you for this (and to all who gave me advice). I will ask when I get onboard.

That's what I say! I don't in any way think teens deserve half price meals, but if that's what they cost, I want mine to get the discount. I think it's extremely generous of HAL to do something like that. Unlike a child's portion, a teen is really an adult eater from a restaurant's cost perspective. My son can eat an entire large pizza by himself--like many teenage boys, he's not exactly a picky or dainty eater.

I agree! Even when I am not sure a discount is merited, I will take it if offered.

Archived