Pro photos satisfaction

How many of you are satisfied with the "pro" photos taken on Royal ships?

My wife and I were only partially happy with ours. The indoor controlled lighting pix came out good, but the outdoor images came out like they used a point and shoot camera. When we viewed them on the ship they looked okay but when we got home they looked like poop! I emailed and talked to the folks who handle the photography and they basically said the pix look alright to them and that;s the last I heard. I emailed them and said I will no longer buying pix while on Royal Ships and never heard back!

We get the photo package on all sailings and have always been happy. The only cruises we've been on that had outdoor pictures was the Alaska cruise, and all those came out really well. Our only complaint is I hate the back to back thumbs up pose that the photographers seem to love.

We have only ever used ship photographers to get 1 nice photo on a formal night each cruise. Both of us are not photogenic so we usually see 3 or 4 different photographers (with the ~ 6 photos each) to get 1 good one. Its an awesome deal to not have to pay a sitting fee and only buy what photos you want. And even doing that, last cruise, nearly all of my photos had glare with my glasses (I guess none of the photographers looked closely enough to see that was happening?).

The boarding and port photos have always looked horrible as its often hot and we've been running around and such, plus you only have one go, so we stopped even posing for them. I also don't get why they want to take photos of you at the dinner table, as then you have all the food and people and such in the background!

I don't have any experience with photos other than that though.

Were these printed or digital? If printed, I think you would have had recourse on the ship after picking up the prints. If you got the entire digital package, I could see how you may have not looked at all of them before getting home. If you paid with a credit card, you could try to get them to refund part of your charge from the cruise line, since you did already talk to someone at the cruise line. Not sure if you can do a partial dispute though.

Out of a GREAT number of photos, only about 3 have ever looked worthy of paying for....I haven't been impressed. Some of our better pictures came when other passengers offered to take our picture!

Same here. That is why we have never bought any of the photos. To me, the vast majority of the photos like like cheesy, overly posed prom photos.

We let the photogs take any they want except the cheesy posed ones with props, but have bought only one. On our Alaskan cruise a photo of my daughter at dinner on a formal night is the best portrait-quality picture of her I have ever seen, at least since she was in first grade 35 years ago! Yes I forked over my card for it!