Private tour companies in Manta?

comcox

We are looking for recommendations for tour companies based in Manta from folks who have been there recently. Our hope is to organize something either for ourselves or a very small group to explore the nearby rain forest or to go to Isla de la Plata or some other good place for bird watching in particular. Our ship will be there in mid-October.

Hi comcox

I think we follow you travelling the other way at the end of the season in March 2019, so I’ve been raking through possibilities myself. I have unearthed sos tours, although they got a fairly ordinary review from someone last week.

I haven’t checked it any further so haven’t found anyone else so interested to see if anyone comes back with alternatives.

Edited by caneable
typos

Thanks for the Narwell link I will check them out. I had already looked at the SOS website but didn't see any tour that looked right. We want to avoid any tour that includes shopping, etc.

Hi comcox, further to my earlier post I noticed when I checked the sos manta website that they have added a red letter rider to their Montecristi tour that states that the rainforest walk includes a path with 33% gradient and advises running shoes. Presumably that’s because of problems on the walk previously. In fairness that seems a responsible thing to do.

Hi comcox, further to my earlier post I noticed when I checked the sos manta website that they have added a red letter rider to their Montecristi tour that states that the rainforest walk includes a path with 33% gradient and advises running shoes. Presumably that’s because of problems on the walk previously. In fairness that seems a responsible thing to do.

Thanks for the heads up on that walk.

Thanks for the heads up on that walk.

We are on a 75 minute walk to the Pacoche Humid Forest with Narwell on their Diversity tour. No mention of the gradient which I did note on SOS's description. But I think the Diversity tour just gives a brief experience in the forest.

We are looking for recommendations for tour companies based in Manta from folks who have been there recently. Our hope is to organize something either for ourselves or a very small group to explore the nearby rain forest or to go to Isla de la Plata or some other good place for bird watching in particular. Our ship will be there in mid-October.

Here is a video of Manta port. This is just to show the port sorry cannot help with excursions or trips.