Local Village Bar

smittysgirl

Has anyone visited the Local Village Bar since the hurricane? I hope it’s still open! I visited the Local Bar several years ago and it was awesome, Good food and great drinks! The atmosphere was nice and there were plenty of chairs! Please tell me it’s still open. We will visit in May!:hearteyes:

Unfortunately, the Local Village is no more. The guy either sold or just closed it down.

That was a couple or three years back. There was no occupancy there in 2016, last time we were in GT. In fact several places that used to be open were no longer. All pre hurricane so hopefully some one who's been there in the past 2-3 months can chime in. But some earlier reports appear to indicate that it's Margaritaville then Jacks with only some independent lounge and massage hawkers in between and closer to MV.

Oh no! I really hate to hear that! That changes my plans for my upcoming cruise. The last time that I was at Jack’s the service was poor and it took forever to get the food.

Agree with you on Jack's Shack. Horrid service ... but the dog is nice.

All it seems I read comments on other than Margaritaville is Jack's Shack. Is this small little place the only other option for a place to eat or drink on the entire island? I am trying hard to understand what else there is to see and do there. Are there any shops, restaurants, etc at all in the town?

All it seems I read comments on other than Margaritaville is Jack's Shack. Is this small little place the only other option for a place to eat or drink on the entire island? I am trying hard to understand what else there is to see and do there. Are there any shops, restaurants, etc at all in the town?

There are MANY shops right at the port. Jacks is just a favorite spot for cruisers. Huge Margaritaville facility with pool, bar and restaurant. Also a newer restaurant called the Beached Whale to the right of the duty free area.

Town has some restaurants but it will cost $10-15/pp to taxi there. A nice little museum to visit. If the go to grandturkcc.com you cam see a map of the cruise port.

Yes there are small shops and places to eat in Cockburntown. Just grab a taxi in the parking lot. I like John's OceanView up at the far end of town. There used to be a great place called the Sand Bar but they had a fire about 6 months or more before the hurricanes last fall. Doubtful they are open or have rebuild.

On the right side of the pier near the whale statute is the Beached Whale. Owned by the same franchisees as Margaritaville but an entirely different vibe.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes there are small shops and places to eat in Cockburntown. Just grab a taxi in the parking lot. I like John's OceanView up at the far end of town. There used to be a great place called the Sand Bar but they had a fire about 6 months or more before the hurricanes last fall. Doubtful they are open or have rebuild.

On the right side of the pier near the whale statute is the Beached Whale. Owned by the same franchisees as Margaritaville but an entirely different vibe.

Agree on John's Ocean View/Edith's Fish Fry in Cockburn Town. Still folks of the island makin' it work. Good food and cold beer/rum punch. $ Good price for value.