QE Britannia Club Restaurant - Has any one dined there?

happytravelbunnies

One bonus may be that the dining is on a single seating basis between 6.30pm and 9pm. you will also be assigned a table to use for all meals that you take in that particular location. Whether it is worth the extra money, I can't comment as I have never done it.

I have been in Britannia Club but only on QM2.

For me it is excellent. The main advantage is that you get the same table for all meals, the same waiters for all meals (and obviously the same people both on your table or adjacent tables).

As someone has mentioned you can change your dinner time without any problem if you happen to get delayed by another Gin and Tonic or two or whatever.

On QM2 you get the best view on the ship, being on deck 12 and the indoor pool is on your deck with the boardwalk café quite close.

We are doing it in 3 weeks time so I'll come back and report when we get back. I know it's more money but I like the flexibility as well as being able to eat alone if we want to.

Has any one dined in the club restaurant? Is it worth the extra?

Yes, indeed! Britannia Club is a beautiful room, not a dining hall - with the same table, staff and window of hours as others have mentioned. I dined there in January.

I'm in total agreement with Ted. The room, food, and service were simply wonderful during last January's rather bumpy crossing. Infact, I have reservations already for the Britannia Club next year.

"The main advantage is that you get the same table for all meals, the same waiters for all meals (and obviously the same people both on your table or adjacent tables)."

Same as Britannia Restaurant. Only difference is dining time.

"The main advantage is that you get the same table for all meals, the same waiters for all meals (and obviously the same people both on your table or adjacent tables)."

Not really, in BC the same table is yours for all meals, not just dinner. I do take your point though.:)

I dined in QE's Britannia Club for the entire 2011 World Cruise: The room is lovely (e.g., narrow and with a long row of large windows) ... the service was wonderful ... the tables are well-spaced ... the freedom of dining when one wanted was glorious ... having the same terrific staff for all meals was a joy.

Definitely a "First Class" experience.

One negative note was that QE Britannia Club's "A La Carte" menu was not as good as QM2 Britannia Club's "A La Carte" menu [remember in Britannia Club that the basic menu is identical to the one in the large Britannia Restaurant].

But then QE's Britannia Club Dining Room itself is much more elegant than its QM2's counterpart!

As capnpugwash says it is the same table, waiters and neighbours for breakfast and lunch. Also you avoid the long queues that we saw for people to be allocated tables for breakfast and lunch. You just go to your table and your usual waiter takes your order.

I wouldn't say the breakfast or lunch queues in Britannia were ever "long" - maybe a minute - just long enough for the Purell to evaporate off your hands.

I think that they were having problems with lack of waiters on more than a few days for breakfast on our trip in September. I remember seeing queues of about 50 people and they do not seem to be moving much. Later I heard complaints at the Purser's Office.

I was just saying that we (in Club) did not have any delays reaching our table which, obviously, we knew where it was.

Archived