San Juan Donations - SJU

Massman

Has anyone that has flown in/out of SJU since the hurricanes noticed if there are any drop off locations at the airport for donations (clothing)?

We are sailing on the Summit out of San Juan in November. Since we are flying in on Southwest, we can check in additional baggage for free. We have thought about filling a suitcase (or 2) with clothes to donate. But we are headed straight to the ship from the airport, so we want to make sure there a drop off location at the airport.

Let us know if you've been to the airport and seen donation spots; and if so, where in the airport.

Thanks!

I would love to know this too. We are also flying SW and can easily bring some supplies for the locals. We switched our flights to fly in the day of the cruise so we won't have time to really look for a place to drop stuff off but if there was something convenient to the airport where we could just drop and go that would be great!

Maybe even just a bag full of stuff to give to our taxi driver. I'm assuming that would be appreciated.

Has anyone that has flown in/out of SJU since the hurricanes noticed if there are any drop off locations at the airport for donations (clothing)?

We are sailing on the Summit out of San Juan in November. Since we are flying in on Southwest, we can check in additional baggage for free. We have thought about filling a suitcase (or 2) with clothes to donate. But we are headed straight to the ship from the airport, so we want to make sure there a drop off location at the airport.

Let us know if you've been to the airport and seen donation spots; and if so, where in the airport.

Thanks!

Clothes are always the hardest thing for donations after hurricanes because of the sizing issues. After most hurricanes they will ask not to bring clothes after a point.

Diapers, baby wipes, personal toiletries are always very much in need.

http://www.unidosporpuertorico.com/en/

Here is honestly one of the best ways to help out Puerto Rico. Supplies are down there, now that the truckers union is willing to work again things are being distributed though not as easily as one would hope to some areas.

Donating money not only gets things to those in need, but it supports local businesses which is greatly needed.

Maybe even just a bag full of stuff to give to our taxi driver. I'm assuming that would be appreciated.

That's a great idea. Small gifts with goodies from your hometown to pass around the people you meet would be a nice touch. IMHO, I think we've reached the donation saturation point and am afraid a lot of this stuff will just sit there and be wasted.

Please do not donate clothes. At this point just your presence on the island and your consumption of goods and services is plenty of help.

AoS,

Thanks for the perspective. I had planned on a suitcase full of clothes to drop off, but will redirect to our local homeless shelter. We'll do what we can to stimulate the economy as we pass through.

Thanks - Rob

• 2 weeks later...

I sailed on the Summit November 4-11 and flew to and from San Juan to do so. I didn't notice any drop off locations at the airport, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.